Player Discussion Marco Scandella

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
l4oCy0H.png

Was the odd man out under Boudreau. Still though, Gotta think this could be the mobile partner we've been searching for for Risto.

Good Article(s) talking about him dealing with his father's passing:

http://www.startribune.com/wild-s-scandella-on-his-own-after-father-s-death/396100721/
http://www.startribune.com/marco-sc...-to-make-nhl-debut-erik-haula-sick/351086861/

And a bio that talks about his love for Style and Muscle cars

http://www.startribune.com/scandella-s-cool-side-translates-well-for-wild/291220541/

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I don't view him as "a mobile partner for Risto"...do many of you? I think Antipin is more conducive to that role (though also a RD), with Scandella bringing something of a more rounded, lower ceiling game...but I'm excited that these two and Beaulieu were brought in.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't view him as "a mobile partner for Risto"...do many of you? I think Antipin is more conducive to that role (though also a RD), with Scandella bringing something of a more rounded, lower ceiling game...but I'm excited that these two and Beaulieu were brought in.

I envision him on our more defensive oriented pair, be that being with Risto (because Shatty is on the second pair) or away from Risto on the second pair.

Antipin I see on the third pair, at RD, with neither of them.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Maybe

McCabe-Risto
Scandella-Bogo
Beaulieu-Antipin

?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Maybe

McCabe-Risto
Scandella-Bogo
Beaulieu-Antipin

?

Yep

Or swap Bogo and Antipin and let the Russian show us what he's made of. I'm not expecting a total stunod in his own zone... I think we will be pleasantly surprised

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Two seasons ago, I would have said that Kulikov is the better player. Then he came here and was a train wreck. So I'm feeling pretty cautious about how much he upgrades things. In an ideal world, I feel like he'd be your no. 4.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Scandella-Risto
McCabe-Bogo
Beaulieu -Antipin

Seems the most balanced, though I don't know antipins game.

I also see more balanced usage with these pairings, Risto getting big PP time. There is not a standout big minute munching pair here which might be a good thing in the short term.

See where we're at this time next season.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Hope Scandella does well for you guys. One of my favourite players.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Another guy I have heard more about than have viewed. Both Foligno and Ennis were overpaid for what they were delivering. Scandella's offence seems underwhelming so I hope he is good defensively. I did not like giving up Sekera, thought we got a good deal for Pysyk(wrong!) and do not think I know enough to rate this deal.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I don't consider Foligno to have been overpaid.

Idk what label I prefer. But it's not that one.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Would really like to get rid of Gorges from that D still. Just don't like having the reminder around. Just buy him out.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Underdelivered?

Too nice. When the guy got pissed and played with emotion he was a ****ing freight train, but it wasn't his natural demeanor. Chris Neil has lasted in the league as long as he has because he's a miserable *****. Delauriers is on the verge of being out of the league because he's always smiling. And Foligno is ok, but he's never going to reach his ceiling because its just not in him to play the way he would have to to get there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scandella can be surprisingly good offensively. He has a really strong shot, but needs to work on getting it through. No reason he can't be on the PP. I knew he had to go because of the cap and the numbers on the left side, but you guys got a good one. You completely hosed us in general on this trade.

No way a guy like Scandella should be playing on the third pairing, but that's where he was because of Brodin and Suter, although you can argue that Brodin was playing on the third pairing.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'd like to see Scandella with Bogosian actually, as some have suggested.

Let McCabe and Risto have the top pairing. They looked good together last year, just McCabe couldn't handle Risto's ridiculous minutes as well as Risto could. Scale them back, enjoy the luxury of more than 1 usable defensive pairing, and I bet a lot of pieces fall into place.

McCabe-Risto
Scandella-Bogosian
Beaulieu-Antipin
x Gorges

Guhle
Fedun
Falk
Nelson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad