Recalled/Assigned: Marco Scandella

Jarick

Doing Nothing
More Russo:

Why was Scandella sent down? He’s been a healthy scratch for two games and he’s 22, so Fletcher says he doesn’t make sense to keep him here when they can send him to Houston to play without waivers.

“In fairness to Marco,” Fletcher said, “he was hurt four or five weeks [with a groin injury], played one game and we called him up. I don’t think we gave Marco a chance to get his game going before we called him up.”

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Scandella was sent where he belongs at this point. He's woefully incompetent at this level in most all phases of his game. If he was showing something, anything, to hang his hat on he'd find a way into a defensive line-up that definitely has it's shortcomings. But that's the problem, he doesn't do anything particularly well at this stage in his development.

Stoner's been pretty well awful the last few games after starting great. With Stoner, however, he brings a physical, in your face element with him every night. And for a defensive corps like this one, it's a needed aspect.

Prosser and Falk are both markedly better defensemen right now than Scandella. And for some of the unwarranted praise thrown around towards the latter from time to time, it should be telling.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Scandella was sent where he belongs at this point. He's woefully incompetent at this level in most all phases of his game. If he was showing something, anything, to hang his hat on he'd find a way into a defensive line-up that definitely has it's shortcomings. But that's the problem, he doesn't do anything particularly well at this stage in his development.

Stoner's been pretty well awful the last few games after starting great. With Stoner, however, he brings a physical, in your face element with him every night. And for a defensive corps like this one, it's a needed aspect.

Prosser and Falk are both markedly better defensemen right now than Scandella. And for some of the unwarranted praise thrown around towards the latter from time to time, it should be telling.

It balances out the unwarranted criticisms.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
It balances out the unwarranted criticisms.

When Nate Prosser plays over you, it's probably time to take a step back and re-evaluate where the guy is currently at. Everything I've ever said about the kid (I realize it's still feasible he can "develop") has pretty much played out. He's just not a top 4 guy; now or down the line, IMO.

JamesRanger

Sep 23, 2011
Plymouth
I don't disagree that Scandella has been poor lately but to say hes been worse then Falk and Prosser is going too far. Hes being sent down because he doesn't have to clear waivers.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I don't disagree that Scandella has been poor lately but to say hes been worse then Falk and Prosser is going too far. Hes being sent down because he doesn't have to clear waivers.

And because every other defenseman on roster is playing over him currently. Can't forget that part, I guess.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
This year, none of Stoner, Falk, Prosser, or Scandella have been consistently good or bad. All of them have been up and down. Of those four, Scandella is the only one who can be sent up or down without waivers. Wild have eight defensemen, it just makes sense.

If Scandella's going to be an NHL'er at all, he needs to play a lot of minutes and stay healthy. I'd rather he gets 25 minutes a game in Houston than sit in the press box or play 10 minutes in the NHL.

Billy Mays Here*

Never have thought much of Scandella. Don't know how so many Wild fans were thinking he'd be a future top 4 d-man.

UMD05

Hobey Baker Champs
Mar 5, 2010
St. Paul, MN
If Scandella's going to be an NHL'er at all, he needs to play a lot of minutes and stay healthy. I'd rather he gets 25 minutes a game in Houston than sit in the press box or play 10 minutes in the NHL.

Seconded. Never thought he'd be a top pairing guy, but would like to see if he can develop with more time in Houston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad