Recalled/Assigned: Marco Scandella

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yeah, I'm not sure what the coaches are seeing, I am not liking Stoner at all this year, but of course that's why I talk about it on a message board and not for a living.

Scandy though is the only guy outside Granlund and Coyle who can go to the minors without waivers and Prosser's had a couple good games.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Could this mean they are taking a chance on this goalie in favor of Harding for a backup sooner rather than later?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, I'm not sure what the coaches are seeing, I am not liking Stoner at all this year, but of course that's why I talk about it on a message board and not for a living.

Scandy though is the only guy outside Granlund and Coyle who can go to the minors without waivers and Prosser's had a couple good games.

We're still wasting a roster spot on Kassian, even though it's clear he's never getting into a game.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Stoner was the Wild's best defenseman early on in the season but lately his faults are being exposed a little bit. Whoever said it last game was absolutely right about him when he plays against the wing coming into the zone. Reaction time seems to be extremely slow in some cases. Also, simply cannot make mistakes like he did at the blue line last night. That was unacceptable.

THEALLKNOWING*

Recall how the Wild had to get bigger for the most recent Canucks game. Yet they may possibly be bringing the munchkin Spurgeon back into the line-up? If so, another reason to question the coaches/management of the Wild.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Recall how the Wild had to get bigger for the most recent Canucks game. Yet they may possibly be bringing the munchkin Spurgeon back into the line-up? If so, another reason to question the coaches/management of the Wild.

K. We get it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

They'd have to make yet another roster move to get Spurgeon off ir now that Darcy has been recalled, so doubt Spurgeon is back in the lineup tonight.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

The Wild should trade anyone <6'0, tbh.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Actually, the get bigger thing was because of the Ducks debacle a few days before the Vancouver game anyway.

THEALLKNOWING*

Do you like anything about the Wild? Just curious.

That was a valid point because they did insert size for the Canucks last game. Everyone knows they are chippy.

I think Spurgeon is fine in the near-term, as a third line pairing with either a Falk or Stoner. Suter, Brodin and Gilbert, all of whom I like, are better than Spurgeon. Don't forget, he is often injured as well. Is that going to get better or worse due to his size.

I like Backstrom better than Harding, would prefer one of the goalies in Houston be with the parent club for all of this year. MK, ZP, KB, Charlie C, Seto, Mitchell, Konopka, Cal C, MG are all okay. Can't wait for Cullen, PMB and Backstrom's contracts to go off the books.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Kind of puzzled by the Wild right now. Why send down Scandella? He has a more complete game than Falk, Prosser, or Stoner and he is capable of playing 2nd pairing mins. Also with Spurgeon coming back that seems ideal considering Scandella played with him and Gilbert last year and we could finally move Stoner off the second pairing. I love Stoner's toughness and physicality, but he is a bottom pairing D all day.

Suter-Brodin
Gilbert-Scandella
Falk/Stoner-Spurgeon
Prosser

Maybe it's just me, but i like the mobility Scandella brings from the blueline as well as the fact that he is offensively competent. Falk, Stoner, and Prosser just kill offense. All they do with the puck is throw it around the boards or take a weak shot. Falk actually could be decent if he had some confidence in the offensive zone, but he looks so uncomfortable with the puck.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
and take the blinders off for a second. i dont know what it is about scandella that has always had people here so enamored, but he's played every bit as poorly as falk or stoner in his games this year. He should have a more complete game, yes, but it isn't showing up. I'd rather he play on the chance it does show up, but others are right--his contract situation makes this the most reasonable move if we want to stay flexible.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Because he is the only one we can send down w/o waivers.

I know, but I mean honestly who cares if someone picks off Prosser? He is one of 3 bottom pairing defensemen still on the roster (falk, stoner). Scandella has potential to be more than a bottom pairing guy. He brings mobility and competence on both ends of the ice.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I know, but I mean honestly who cares if someone picks off Prosser? He is one of 3 bottom pairing defensemen still on the roster (falk, stoner). Scandella has potential to be more than a bottom pairing guy. He brings mobility and competence on both ends of the ice.

It should be Kassian on waivers not Prosser at this point.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
agree with Talon (and I like Kass). It doesn't look like he's ever going to get to play here. So why the roster spot? Before (pre-Rupp) I figured, hey, he's the backup if Konopka gets suspended/hurt. But now...I don't see it.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA

We could send Brodin down.......:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2