Recalled/Assigned: Marchenko recalled

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Why? Would rather have Smith play and rest one of Kronwall or Zidlicky.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Rest Kronwall or Zidlicki for the last game, bench Smith for the playoffs.

Everybody wins!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I would like them to call a bunch of guys up; Mantha, AA, Sproul, and give them all some experience.

I'd rest Pav, Z, Kronner and let some kids get their feet wet.

I don't think this marks the end of Smith, but I would be fine with Marchenko taking his spot.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Media outlets are saying called up "for regular season finale", so I doubt this is for more than 1 game.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Media outlets are saying called up "for regular season finale", so I doubt this is for more than 1 game.

I'm not sure. The Wings have never been shy about playing the best players during the playoffs even if they weren't used during the regular season (Helm, Nyquist).

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
I would like if they could rest Kronwall, Dekeyser and Zidlicky so they don't take any chances with injuries leading into the playoffs. Would be nice to also sit Pav and Z.

Put in Kindl and Marchenko for Kronwall and Dekeyser and Cleary and Jurco (if ready) for Pav and Z.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
You guys know we're still playing for positioning right? Plus when has resting players ever worked?

Dress your best team, try to smoke Carolina, and build some confidence going into the playoffs... We all know they'll need it.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
smith? kronner? pfft...marchenko will be the starting goalie vs carolina. babs will surprise us all.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
You guys know we're still playing for positioning right? Plus when has resting players ever worked?

Dress your best team, try to smoke Carolina, and build some confidence going into the playoffs... We all know they'll need it.

I'd rather take the rest. We're not gonna have home ice regardless (like at all...even if we advance past the first). I suppose if you really want to avoid the Rangers, then holding onto 3rd would be preferable.

EDIT: Ottawa plays at 12:30pm, so we'll know well in advance whether or not there's anything to play for. If they don't get 2 points then we have nothing to gain by winning, in fact the only thing that could come from that would be a worse draft pick.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
i don't understand why marchenko wasn't called up earlier. he was clearly better than smith or kindl when he was up here

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
i don't understand why marchenko wasn't called up earlier. he was clearly better than smith or kindl when he was up here

Not sure why you are surprised when the GM purposely signed Dan Cleary knowing it would send Gus Nyquist back down to Grand Rapids at the start of last year.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004

Ask the players if 1+ (mostly unnecessary) games would be better spent resting (2009 finals-injured & gassed etc., 2007 WCF-injured & gassed etc., 2006 outplayed, -injured & gassed etc. 2003 & 2001-injured & gassed etc.

...see the trend?

I posted during the 2009 SCF to rest 5, 28, 23 & 55 at the time & Pav/Z/Franzen, but Coach BABS never complied :dunno::fence::fence::fence:. & every year prior & after, up until 2012.

Last edited:

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
If Marchenko is the only callup, they are just gonna rest Pavel for Cleary and 2 defenceman.

Not sure, but I would assume Detroit only could call up one more guy at this point in the season. If this call up is to help rest vets, they probably would have loved to give others a shot but couldn't due to the call up limit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad