Marchand Lick: The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
No, the 'lick' is no big deal in comparison to things that actually cause injury.

It should be a 2 minute minor for unsportsman like conduct.

Move along.
So same logic applies to all the things I mentioned since they don't cause injury? 2 minute minor and nothing more?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Headshots aren’t a part of the game but hitting is a part of the game. How is it hard to understand that sometimes players in a contact sport could get hurt via headshots?

They signed up for it and earn millions for it. No one signed up to get licked in the face.

Are you seriously ****ing defending Brad Marchand licking other players?
Not really. But he's saying it's no different than Callahan punching Marchand in the face and not getting penalized either.

Players sign up to be checked legally. Not to be punched or licked.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He isn’t arguing that licking isn’t bad... why can’t you people understand things here... he is stating the irony in it all. That people are more offended by someone licking someone than someone headshotting 3 people in 9 games.
I see alot more people saying this is suspendable than people saying he should get a lifetime ban, etc.. or any of the other over the top hot takes.

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012
It’s really is extremely amusing that when someone makes a statement on here comparing two different problems that have happened in the playoffs and people seem to think the person is condoning one of them.

Everyone do yourself a favor when reading a post. Read it out loud in how you think the person would be talking. If you read something verbatim in your head, you may think someone isn’t being facetious.

Reactions: Macbanan

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
So same logic applies to all the things I mentioned since they don't cause injury? 2 minute minor and nothing more?

We aren't talking about those other things.

People keep whining about how there's no penalty against it.

Is unsportsman like conduct not a penalty still on the books with a broad definition that can be applied at the refs discretion?

Does licking not fall under that category?

Vertain

Mar 28, 2013
Vermont
Actually, licking is quite dangerous. I remember one time I licked something and got quite a bad cut on my tongue. So it probably should be banned.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
31919584_1842392815824244_7561048538856030208_n.jpg

I think I'll leave this here just to show how sensationalized this has become.

How does this make Bruins fans feel?

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Not really. But he's saying it's no different than Callahan punching Marchand in the face and not getting penalized either.

Players sign up to be checked legally. Not to be punched or licked.

But isn't one of these a hockey play? Should be 2 minutes at minimum.

I feel sorry for his mother that she has to watch his ****

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
We aren't talking about those other things.

People keep whining about how there's no penalty again st it.

Is unsportsman like conduct not a penalty still on the books with a broad definition that can be applied at the refs discretion?

Does liking not fall under that category?
If you haven't noticed, there's a lengthy debate going on about this incident vs. physical violence, so that's exactly what I and many others were talking about.

I argued last night there are penalties in place, so you'll get no argument from me. Haven't checked the NHL books, but I know in a lot of Canadian minor hockey there's a "travesty to the game" misconduct that this could easily fall under as well and then the spitting comparable seems spot on too.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
If you haven't noticed, there's a lengthy debate going on about this incident vs. physical violence, so that's exactly what I and many others were talking about.

I argued last night there are penalties in place, so you'll get no argument from me. Haven't checked the NHL books, but I know in a lot of Canadian minor hockey there's a "travesty to the game" misconduct that this could easily fall under as well and then the spitting comparable seems spot on too.

I haven't nor am I going back thru the last ten to fifteen pages.

It's the league and officials that allow this.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He should be warned and if it happens again should be suspended for a game. That will put a stop to it.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Another person that can’t read and thinks he’s saying it’s okay to lick people.... Jesus everyone on here really is 15 years old

Sort of weird that you think reading comprehension begins at 15. Anyway, it's a really pointless argument to bring up, obviously there are dozens of posters in this thread that condemn both licking and dirty head shots in the game of hockey - I really shouldn't have to point that out. It should be obvious that these licking incidents are getting so much attention because it's something unique and new, whereas head contact happens on a nightly basis and still gets discussed to no end.

I just realized I haven't made any posts recently to condemn spearing a player in the nuts, I better go do that before someone else assumes that licking is the only issue I care about.

Reactions: Raymones

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I haven't nor am I going back thru the last ten to fifteen pages.

It's the league and officials that allow this.
So you jumped in to the discussion with no understanding of the topic, but felt the need to try and disagree with me?
He should be warned and if it happens again should be suspended for a game. That will put a stop to it.
Sounds like he has been warned...

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Currently, this conduct can be regulated as unsportsmanlike conduct or unnecessary roughness.
In the off-season, the rule that addresses spitting must be expanded to include all conduct that transfers saliva from one player to another, including, but not limited to, licking (hereinafter, referred to as the “Marchand Rule”) and spitting.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
So you jumped in to the discussion with no understanding of the topic, but felt the need to try and disagree with me?

Sounds like he has been warned...

I don't need to read the last 5 pages to have an understanding, an opinion or a comment.

But thanks anyway.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Currently, this conduct can be regulated as unsportsmanlike conduct or unnecessary roughness.
In the off-season, the rule that addresses spitting must be expanded to include all conduct that transfers saliva from one player to another, including, but not limited to, licking (hereinafter, referred to as the “Marchand Rule”) and spitting.
Don't over regulate. Just ensure the unsportsmanlike rules can properly suspend players and give misconduct a where warranted. Then you can get rid of things like spitting rules altogether and just use common sense.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I don't need to read the last 5 pages to have an understanding, an opinion or a comment.

But thanks anyway.
You're welcome to your opinion. Why you'd quote me to state a random opinion that has no bearing on my point since you don't know what the topic was is the questionable piece though.

But have at your opinion, happy to hear you think is should have been penalized. And the league has done a crappy job allowing it to this point.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Imagine being a grown adult and putting your bodily fluids on another human...

If Average Joe was walking around the streets licking people, he would likely be detained and be given a psychiatric evaluation.

This is embarassing for Brad Marchand, the Boston Bruins, and the National Hockey League.

The Bruins and the NHL need to agree together to suspend Brad Marchand until they evaluate his mental health and determine what the issue is here. PERIOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad