Marchand: Capitals didn't show respect when they broke protocols

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Because he was hiding behind Chara. Doubt Chara will stop Marchand from getting the beatdown he's had coming for years now.
Yeah I've heard this narrative and it's bullshit. If someone had a problem with Marchand they would have taken it up with him in the 11 years he's been in the NHL, Chara would not have stopped them. What you need to realize is the players don't hold grudges like fans and care a lot less than you think about what Marchand did to Sami Salo 10 years ago.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
What Marchand said has about as much merit as "Barry Bonds," and "Lance Armstrong" complaining about respect and cheating in sports.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Yeah I've heard this narrative and it's bullshit. If someone had a problem with Marchand they would have taken it up with him in the 11 years he's been in the NHL, Chara would not have stopped them. What you need to realize is the players don't hold grudges like fans and care a lot less than you think about what Marchand did to Sami Salo 10 years ago.
I'm sure Ryan Callahan loves being mistaken for an ice cream. It's not an isolated incident; there is nothing in Marchand's entire body of work that suggests he's anything other than gutless scumbag who is a total disgrace to the sport.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
I'm sure Ryan Callahan loves being mistaken for an ice cream. It's not an isolated incident; there is nothing in Marchand's entire body of work that suggests he's anything other than gutless scumbag who is a total disgrace to the sport.
Point still stands the players don’t care as much as you do that he licked someone. If someone had a problem they’ve had a long time to settle the score and Chara wasn’t stopping them. Say whatever you want about him but he’s a solid leader for the B’s, Stanley Cup Champion and one of the best players in the game. I would like more disgraces on the Bruins roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad