Marchand admits he needs to clean his act

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Brad Marchand has really become an example of how not to act as a pro in this league. I mean licking players faces for two straight series? (Komarov, Callahan) really?? pure bush league and something you'd expect to see in the CHL from some immature teenager not a 30 year old NHL vet.

This is a guy who has represented Canada internationally, heck he was apart of Canada's top line at the 2016 WCOH with Crosby and Bergeron. With that comes a certain level of poise and professionalism. Its interesting he seems to tame his game down when he plays for Canada i've noticed, perhaps he knows the entire country is watching him.

No reason he shouldn't act the same on the Bruins. Its good he has at least admitted he has a problem and needs to work on it. I'd still welcome him on my team any day as I know anyone else would.

Last edited:

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
TBH I want him to toe the line, it's part of who he is.

How does Marchand toe the line when licking another player's face is the locus? It's a behaviour that shouldn't even be intimated going forward.

Consider me on the side that would also like to see him toe this particular line against Washington or Winnipeg or Las Vegas where one of Tom Wilson, Dustin Byfuglien or Ryan Reaves is left to determine whether Marchand crosses it.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
I don't understand how the league didn't suspend him for the Callahan lick. If I'm Callahan, I would be calling my lawyer/the police.

Apr 1, 2010
He's in Sean Avery territory.
Bingo!
Perfectly said.

Avery is the worst of the worst, and Marchand is starting to be right in that territory.

I like so-called "Pests" but BM takes it too far. Too far down the stupid "even your friends punch you in the head" road.
Licking people is going too far. He should be more like Kadri and use his ass to slam players faces into the boards. Much more of a hockey play.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
It's all just a misunderstanding, he meant hes going to start using mouthwash before he licks people.

89869931-4907-4a66-866c-f730b63b0618_1.715f1839264433ee029a922d7b8fd177.jpeg

Reactions: Mallard

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
"Marchand admits he needs to clean his act"

:huh:

By taking better care of mouth, teeth, and tongue hygiene before starting licking activities?
By starting to lick more comprehensively and dutifully after an act for making it clean?
He needs someone else to clean his act, preferably by licking?¨
There are some choreographic, stylistic and technical errors in his ways of licking, he needs to get rid of?

*confused*

Apr 1, 2010
did you even watch Avery play?
He is probably the only guy who had a rule instituted in the league within a week of his antics.
But the guy was a douche on and off the ice. Marchand is definitely in douche bag category on the ice.
Therefore he take his PPG season and shove it. Just because you score doesn't mean you aren't a P.O.S., which Marchand easily is. Which puts him in Avery territory.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You’d think an organization like the Bruins that seemingly prides itself on valuing “character“ so much (ie Seguin/Kessel/Hamilton all got criticism about that sort of stuff while Bruins) would internally deal with this absurd behaviour

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
You’d think an organization like the Bruins that seemingly prides itself on valuing “character“ so much (ie Seguin/Kessel/Hamilton all got criticism about that sort of stuff while Bruins) would internally deal with this absurd behaviour

Who's to say that it hasn't when it comes to Marchand? I posted earlier in this thread that Marchand's comments about his own behaviour were likely the result of a private conservation with Bruins brass (probably Cam Neely).

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If he's genuine, I suppose he'll apologize to Callahan and Komarov?
I don't think he cares what Callahan and Komarov think.

If you read his comments, he's talking about getting away from hurting his team, his teammates, and the Bruins organization.

Whether you like that or not is irrelevant (he clearly doesn't care what opposing fans think -- nor should he) but if I were you I'd avoid assuming his being "genuine" requires an apology to other players. It ain't happening and nor should it......

Reactions: bluetib

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad