Pre-Game Talk: March 9th vs Washington

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So fking bad....how? I mean nuge is good but hes not god...dont think mcdrai need Nuge to carry them.
Nuge has been a crucial and elite special teams player for a while. On the PK he creates chances and is good at keeping the puck out. At least visually, Nuge is our best PK and our most dangerous.
On the PP he plays a puck distribution role on the left side that gives our pp dimension. Without him the PP sticks far to much to the right as it seems like McDavid and Drai don't trust whoever else is over there, which makes the PP incredibly easy to defend and attack.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Our 5v5 play lately hasn't actually been terrible, but we're really starting to see just how valuable Nuge is to both our pk and pp.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So fking bad....how? I mean nuge is good but hes not god...dont think mcdrai need Nuge to carry them.

Connor is too predidictable without Nuge on the PP and IMO is still far from playing his best hockey. Nuge adds a different dimension to the PP and adds another way to get the puck to Draisaitl in a shooting position. Our point men have been shit since Bouchard scored 2 PP goals in that one game. Suddenly he stopped looking for his shot and Barrie has been ass on the PP all season long.

mrjnick

Feb 12, 2022
The Oilers are just a statistic oddity.. They were statistically supposed to beat the Canadiens and the Hawks and were vastly outplayed.

The Capitals are 1-3 with 0 days rest after a win and Samsonov is having a rough season plus we lit him up last time we saw him.

All that being said, we probably lose this game.. Because Oilers.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He will probably score a hatty being energized by the boo's. His team will also rally around him because of the booing. All in all...Caps likely win.
The crowd will start the game booing Ovi. Be silent for the entire second and most of the third. And then start booing the Oilers at the end of the 3rd. The place has no energy and is so quiet.
I was there for Woodcrofts first game and the most noise the crowd made ALL game was when we did the waive.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Buddy can barely even score a 3 pointer this year...not to mention 5 pointer. Since January 1st McDavid has had 1 game of 3 points or more and 12 0 point games.

Didn't know this.
The major reason we are failing. Hope he's not broken.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The Oilers are just a statistic oddity.. They were statistically supposed to beat the Canadiens and the Hawks and were vastly outplayed.

The Capitals are 1-3 with 0 days rest after a win and Samsonov is having a rough season plus we lit him up last time we saw him.

All that being said, we probably lose this game.. Because Oilers.
I thought the Hawks and Habs looked at US on the schedule as free spots on the bingo board.;)

Reactions: mrjnick

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I'm torn right now. I can't decide who I'm more disappointed in......Holland or whoever is responsible for todays GDT ;-)

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Sadly the Oilers are softer than baby shit.
They aren't even close to being a team built for the playoffs. Nobody on our defense hits aside from Nemo. Nobody on our forwards hit aside from Kane who won't be here next season. Not to mention we've had guys like Barrie and Bouchard throw the other team's forwards free pizzas each game. We all know our goaltending situation too. Smith looks like he's about to die of old age. Remember the 16-17 Oilers? Now that was a playoff team.

Reactions: Snipes45

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My give a f*** is broken. I'll watch. Just as if its a binge watch of a series you once liked that has jumped the shark into "this f***ing blows". You almost want to see how bad it gets.

I can't turn away. My game experience will subsist of such things as;

"Gaaahh wtf"
"stop it, stop doing that"
"please skate with the puck, stop leaving it behind" and
"f*** off foegele"

several other swear rants as well and the wife will be upstairs watching some other program..i'll have the audio up high so I can't even hear my own swearing..I feel this loud audio gives the auditory white noise illusion of me keeping it more together while watching in the den.

At some point in the game my head will spin and I'll start gibbering in unknown languages.

Cats will look at me strange like they've done something wrong for the 23rd time today and then back up slowly leaving the entertainment den.

I'm the entertainment..

Last edited:

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Why is Paul Coffey hanging around the Oiler's again ?

He's like the grim reaper when it comes to coaches and GM's in Edmonton. :laugh: (maybe he's the cleaner for Katz)

If I recall correctly, he was hanging around a lot right before McLellan and Chiarelli were both fired. That season he was hired as a "special coach" or something.

This season, the first time I noticed him was when the Oilers were in Toronto and he was sitting up in the stands with Holland but they haven't made an official announcement about him this time.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
My give a f*** is broken. I'll watch. Just as if its a binge watch of a series you once liked that has jumped the shark into "this f***ing blows". You almost want to see how bad it gets.

"Gaaahh wtf"
"f*** off foegele"

several others as well and the wife will be upstairs watching some other program..i'll have the audio up high so I can't even hear my own swearing..I feel this loud audio gives the auditory white noise illusion of me more keeping it together while watching in the den.

At some point in the game my head will spin and I'll start gibbering in unknown languages.

Cats will look at me strange like they've done something wrong for the 23rd time today and then back up slowly leaving the entertainment den.

I'm the entertainment..
I can take a lot of punishment from watching bad hockey but at this point I just can't anymore. I'll keep reading this board, check the score regularly, and watch the highlights but I want to use a full 3 hours of my life to do something else.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I can take a lot of punishment from watching bad hockey but at this point I just can't anymore. I'll keep reading this board, check the score regularly, and watch the highlights but I want to use a full 3 hours of my life to do something else.

Hopefully I was able to give you a laugh anyhoo. I'm not really this bad. At this point its just watching the game thoughts in my head, I don't even verbalize most of the WTF anymore, or at least I don't think so with volume turned up so high.

i didn't even mention Yamamoto..;)

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014

"Gaaahh wtf"
"f*** off foegele"

several other swear rants as well and the wife will be upstairs watching some other program..i'll have the audio up high so I can't even hear my own swearing..I feel this loud audio gives the auditory white noise illusion of me keeping it more together while watching in the den.

I'm the entertainment..
This

We get clapped 4-0 even though they just had a hard fought game last night

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce