Value of: Marc Staal

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
NO IT DOESN"T you can't just say that without a source. Thats not how this works. He has a full no move clause with no list of teams or chance of being sent to the AHL for the entire contract. Unless you are coming back with a source you are a liar and just blowing smoke.

It says in the link that it's a modified no trade from 2018-2020...

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
NO IT DOESN"T you can't just say that without a source. Thats not how this works. He has a full no move clause with no list of teams or chance of being sent to the AHL for the entire contract. Unless you are coming back with a source you are a liar and just blowing smoke.

Did you click on the link? That's the source. Stop acting obtuse and put 1/2 seconds worth of effort researching it instead of spewing absolute garbage.

If you're not happy with the source I provided you, then here's another source: Staal: Stability At The Cost of Flexibility

By now you've already seen Marc Staal and the New York Rangers have agreed to a new six-year pact worth $5.7-million per season. The contract includes a full no movement clause for the first three years, which restricts trade and being sent to the minors. Thereafter, it has a modified no trade clause for the final three years, which restricts trade to certain teams under certain conditions.

YearlyAjarAssassinbug-max-1mb.gif

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Dude did you not see my edit. I ALSO PROVIDED THREE SOURCES SAYING OTHERWISE INCLUDING THE f***ING NHL

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Dude did you not see my edit. I ALSO PROVIDED THREE SOURCES SAYING OTHERWISE INCLUDING THE ****ING NHL
Yea, and I think those sources are incorrect. Just like you are. And calling me a liar when I'm posting various sources seems a little unnecessary. Especially with those mean caps you apparently are fixated on.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Here's Uncle Larry:

https://nypost.com/2015/01/16/rangers-marc-staal-agree-on-six-year-extension/

The deal, which will carry an annual $5.7 million cap hit, was reached in the aftermath of a meeting in Boston on Wednesday between Rangers assistant general manager Jeff Gorton and agent Paul Krepelka that was reported exclusively by The Post on Friday. It is believed to include a full no-move clause for the first three seasons followed by a modified no-trade.

I'll trust Brooks over NHL.com.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
HAHAHA and i will trust cap friendly over blueshirt banter and brooks (the guy that gets thrown out of locker rooms and and threatened by players and coaches)
Brooks is a buffoon who I dislike, but he has his sources. He's the most credible writer when it comes down to the Rangers. That's a fact.

It is confusing seeing numerous sources with various information. Not sure how you assume I'm a liar trying to make things up when I post links to those posts. And then following up with caps directed at me. You should calm down and relax a bit bud. I'm clearly not trying to mislead anyone. Grow up.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
"Terms were not disclosed, but ESPN.com reported a six-year extension with an average annual value of $5.7 million, a full no-trade clause in the first three years and a full-no movement clause."

The language is confusing. NHL acknowledges the full NTC is only 3 years....i'm sure @mouser could clear it up.

I'd recommend sending a tweet or email to CapFriendly with the conflicting report and ask if they can double check. They're pretty good about that.

Reactions: LiasAndersson

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
HAHAHA and i will trust cap friendly over blueshirt banter and brooks (the guy that gets thrown out of locker rooms and and threatened by players and coaches)

I'll be honest, I don't know who to trust, but if you're going to bash Brooks, I can tell you right now that I have sources that have verified that he's well connected within the organization and has been for a very long time.

flamesftw

Jan 12, 2018
Staal is a decent 3rd pairing guy that would be good between 2-3 mil. 5.7 mil is terrible tho. I think with retention he’s pretty valuable for a team however he’s not hurting the Rangers and he will help their young guys. He’s arguably their best dman in the last decade and is still solid defensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad