Player Discussion Marc Staal: Part II

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
No.

LOL seriously, I don't know what else there is to say about him at this point.

giphy.gif

We've gone too long without a Nic Cage gif.

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Can’t wait to see who these threads are about in like 3 years.

“Skjei is a dumpster of soiled diapers fire and Gorts should’ve seen that coming! No one with that many vowels and so few consonants in a 5 letter word can defend!”

Reactions: will1066

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

“Skjei is a dumpster of soiled diapers fire and Gorts should’ve seen that coming! No one with that many vowels and so few consonants in a 5 letter word can defend!”
Don't need to wait. He's already there now.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
They are not buying anyone else out so let’s not bother beating a dead horse .... hopefully the kids steal his spot

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
2 vowels and 3 consonants is probably average for a 5 letter name, no?
I feel like the arrangement is unusual, now that I think about it. Three consonants followed by two vowels. I feel like that's probably unusual. Or not. I could be completely wrong, as I often am.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Man, he was going to be really good. As phenomenal as McDonagh was for that brief stretch, Staal pre-concussion was trending even better, IMO. And he was just getting back to form when he took that puck to the eye.

So many health related tragedies over the last twenty years for the Rangers. Cherneski, Blackburn, Cherepanov, Staal, Sauer... and I'm certain I'm missing some.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah he was going to be a stud. I remember that final year in junior. Afterwards it was Slats I believe who said they shouldn't have sent him back. He was dominant defensively, and then in the playoffs he scored a point per game. Even though Sudbury lost in the final, he was still named the playoff MVP.

Injuries are a bitch.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Man, he was going to be really good. As phenomenal as McDonagh was for that brief stretch, Staal pre-concussion was trending even better, IMO. And he was just getting back to form when he took that puck to the eye.

So many health related tragedies over the last twenty years for the Rangers. Cherneski, Blackburn, Cherepanov, Staal, Sauer... and I'm certain I'm missing some.

I don't know about that.

McDonagh's 32 points his sophomore season are more than Staal has put up in any season (30 of the were ES points, which is also higher than Staal's best offensive output in all situations.) Staal was great at suppressing shots and had a bomb of a clapper, but his puck skills were always lacking.

I do agree that he was playing his best hockey right before taking the puck to the eye, that injury set his game with the puck, which wasn't great to begin with, back even further.

Then the legs went.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I feel like the arrangement is unusual, now that I think about it. Three consonants followed by two vowels. I feel like that's probably unusual. Or not. I could be completely wrong, as I often am.
Yeah the order is definitely odd.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

You don’t have to wait three years...I’ve been saying that first sentence for awhile now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad