Former Bruins Marc Savard is now an OHL Head Coach - Windsor

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Me too, I think he will. Many of us remember the player he became as a Bruin but he wasn`t a guy who was willing to pay even the slightest attention to defensive details prior to his arrival. He soon was convinced by CJ and likely other leaders like Z and Bergy that in order to get better, he had to improve in other areas of the game and Savvy did. He wouldn`t go onto be recognized for Selke performances but he transformed into a guy who at least became willing to work hard in his own zone and I think that`s the kind of message he`ll preach to the kids going through the system.
I don’t think Claude julien gets enough credit around here.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
After reading some of these replies, I can't wait to see what the meltdown will be if Pat Maroon decides to coach at the end of his career lol. Personally, I'd love to see it and hope it ends up being a thing.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
For the second year in a row, Marc Savard has coached two different players to lead the OHL in scoring - players no one thought would be leading the entire league. His system and style has the home town fans on the edge of their seats for 60 minutes. And he has 2 rookies both in the top 6 in rookie scoring.

He is the single biggest reason why I wanted Matthew Poitras traded to Windsor, although Poitras has done well himself.

I know Savvy is holding out for an NHL head coaching gig, but I wish the Bruins could bring him in as a development coach somehow. I love the idea of him working with the Merkulov's, Beecher's, Poitras.

This video is for @Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
For the second year in a row, Marc Savard has coached two different players to lead the OHL in scoring - players no one thought would be leading the entire league. His system and style has the home town fans on the edge of their seats for 60 minutes. And he has 2 rookies both in the top 6 in rookie scoring.

He is the single biggest reason why I wanted Matthew Poitras traded to Windsor, although Poitras has done well himself.

I know Savvy is holding out for an NHL head coaching gig, but I wish the Bruins could bring him in as a development coach somehow. I love the idea of him working with the Merkulov's, Beecher's, Poitras.

Aw...Thanks Dom :heart:. I wish the Bs would bring Marc into the organization. To me, he is now a proven coach and there is no doubt in my mind he could help the power play....or to assist with the new younger guys.

I would love to see him back in Boston.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
marc_savard_bruins.jpg
boston-bruins-center-marc-savard-top-and-boston-bruins-center-patrice-bergeron-celebrate-after...jpg

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

I wanted him as the PBruins Coach :/

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Savvy was so much fun to watch. He saw the ice very well and made unbelievable plays

I know some here don't like Wideman, but Marc and Dennis had some pretty good chemistry. Savvy seemed also to get along well with Looch.

I still hate cooke

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Even sadder that Savvy WANTED to be here and run the pp but the brass was not interested. And despite that Savvy still would like to be here.
He’s a former Bruin I’d love to see here in any capacity.

Only a matter of time before he is an NHL head coach. Don’t be surprised if the new Senators owners (whomever they are) take a good look at him. He’s a brilliant hockey mind, and an Ottawa native. He’d be a perfect fit there.

Reactions: Mione134

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Savvy was so much fun to watch. He saw the ice very well and made unbelievable plays

I know some here don't like Wideman, but Marc and Dennis had some pretty good chemistry. Savvy seemed also to get along well with Looch.

I still hate cooke

that relationship with Wideman soured due to personal stuff. Marc wasnt going to re-sign with Wideman still here. So ultimately it was resolved.
Even sadder that Savvy WANTED to be here and run the pp but the brass was not interested. And despite that Savvy still would like to be here.

Its such a damn shame. He through his hat in the ring for any capacity back here in the organization. He was told no room in the inn at that time.
Who knows? Maybe that changes someday.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
that relationship with Wideman soured due to personal stuff. Marc wasnt going to re-sign with Wideman still here. So ultimately it was resolved.

Its such a damn shame. He through his hat in the ring for any capacity back here in the organization. He was told no room in the inn at that time.
If he wins a Memorial Cup this year, he is sure to get an NHL job in some capacity. Not as guaranteed if he gets an OHL Championship, but someone will be looking.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I'm still pissed about it. When I heard about this, I was perplexed, as it happened a few times. How could they say no to him? I just don't understand it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I still hate cooke
What was the drama with him and Wideman?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What was the drama with him and Wideman?

I wont go into specifics. Suffice to say I have texts and emails.

You ever know someone that just doesnt know when to stfu?
Thats Wideman.

So much so, he went too far with something that got back to Savvy’s girlfriend and mother of his kids, Val.( now his wife).
She packed up and headed back to Toronto .
Savvy was able to get her and the girls back. And re-signed.
Wideman was moved.

I will not here go into what the subject matter was but what was provided to me was Wideman was full of crap.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wont go into specifics. Suffice to say I have texts and emails.

You ever know someone that just doesnt know when to stfu?
Thats Wideman.

So much so, he went too far with something that got back to Savvy’s girlfriend and mother of his kids, Val.( now his wife).
She packed up and headed back to Toronto .
Savvy was able to get her and the girls back. And re-signed.
Wideman was moved.

I will not here go into what the subject matter was but what was provided to me was Wideman was full of crap.
Kinda puts Wideman checking the ref in new light. Certainly seems to be impulsive and dumb!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad