Marc Methot Appreciation Thread

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He's a big help to our team, we lack decent defenseman but he's one of those decent defensemen for sure.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Am I the only one that finds it concerning that Marc Methot just hasn't been very good this year?

Does he get a free pass cause he's local? Or does he get the benefit of the doubt because he has been solid in the past??

His fancy stats are not good, his fancy stats away from Karlsson are amongst the worst of our D-men, yet, when we criticize our D, we jump of Weir and Boro (justifiably so) or Ceci.

You used to notice Methot on the ice, but now he seems to be very ordinary. Is he playing hurt?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Am I the only one that finds it concerning that Marc Methot just hasn't been very good this year?

Does he get a free pass cause he's local? Or does he get the benefit of the doubt because he has been solid in the past??

His fancy stats are not good, his fancy stats away from Karlsson are amongst the worst of our D-men, yet, when we criticize our D, we jump of Weir and Boro (justifiably so) or Ceci.

You used to notice Methot on the ice, but now he seems to be very ordinary. Is he playing hurt?
A top 4 playing top 2.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Well, he has missed time to injury, so I'm pretty sure he's not 100%. Those beautiful hip checks of his might be a thing of the past. I noticed Karlsson throwing a couple of those lately though, maybe as a tribute?

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I'd like to think he's hurt. Probably banged up quite a bit.

He missed a few games due to a concussion and lower body injury did he not? Memory is fuzzy

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Not really sure if he is hurting the team, I just feel like the positive aspects he brought to the team were quite apparent in the past few years, while this year,you barely even notice when he is on the ice

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not really sure if he is hurting the team, I just feel like the positive aspects he brought to the team were quite apparent in the past few years, while this year,you barely even notice when he is on the ice

Usually a good thing.....also leading team in plus/minus on a minus team.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Just pointing out the obvious, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I will agree that he hasn't been as "good" as the past few seasons. I'd like to drop him to the 2nd pairing eventually if his play continues into next season. Or realistically a solid anchor on the third pairing if we can get another D up front. Which will be tough. But we'll worry about that next year. Maybe in 2 years Chabot slides in and we drop Methot to the 3rd pair.

He is by no means bad. But his peak (a top 3 guy playing as a top 2, and pulling it off very well) may have passed.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Just pointing out the obvious, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I will agree that he hasn't been as "good" as the past few seasons. I'd like to drop him to the 2nd pairing eventually if his play continues into next season. Or realistically a solid anchor on the third pairing if we can get another D up front. Which will be tough. But we'll worry about that next year. Maybe in 2 years Chabot slides in and we drop Methot to the 3rd pair.

He is by no means bad. But his peak (a top 3 guy playing as a top 2, and pulling it off very well) may have passed.

This is exactly what I have been thinking too.

A 1-2 year stop gap (Gunnarsson) would do wonders for the left side while Chabot develops.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I hope he isn't about to decline starting next season. He's still pretty young at 30 so he might just be trying to play through an injury. I'm a big fan of the guy. At his best he's a solid defensive guy who plays with a nasty streak to his game and I hope he still has that going forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad