Marc Methot Appreciation Thread

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Just wanted to give this guy a shout out for overcoming his injuries, signing long term with the team, stabilizing our superstar's game, slotting guys in to their right spots in the defensive unit and for his eye-popping 10 points and +19 in 35 games.

Way to go Marc. He's been such a big part of what's happening with this team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We have Ceci as the team only legit top 4 defender,after the top pairing and he shoots the same way as EK :cry:Hell yes he has been huge ,we so need a good top LH two way defender for the 2nd pairing

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
He's just so steady. You can tell that Karlsson really trusts him by how much more aggressive he plays when Methot is on the ice.

I remember my brother saying his contract was an overpayment, but I told home that we're not only paying for a top pair defender, we're paying for a guy who makes our best player even better.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
He's +19 in 35 games.

As a precise measure of performance... terrible stat. Still, that's a +44 pace over an entire season.

Dude has been a rock for us.

Othello*

Yup.

I mean, today is a perfect example of that - the Canucks just re-signed Chris Tanev for 5 years @ $4.45/year.

Who would you rather have? Methot at $4.9, or Tanev at $4.45?
Tanev is one hell of a defender, very underrated . He's also 25 and the #1 dman for the nucks

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Methot is a better defensive player than Seabrook imo, as is Hjalmarsson - who I would compare Methot to instead. I would say if we're comparing him to a player with less offense, it's Doughty :)

Yea, Because Marc always rushes the pucks and plays 30 mins a nights :laugh:

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Yea, Because Marc always rushes the pucks and plays 30 mins a nights :laugh:

Haha, I wasn't making a serious comparison. Mostly just talking about the fact that they're the two guys who still deliver thundering hipchecks with any sort of frequency :laugh:

I think the Hjalmarsson comparison is spot on, though, They have the same strengths and approach the game in a similar way. Both guys could put up more points in the wanted and could be more physically aggressive, but they play the game in a reserved, intelligent way that maximizes efficiency, mainly through a strong commitment to positioning, smooth skating, and an ability to smartly move the puck.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Haha, I wasn't making a serious comparison. Mostly just talking about the fact that they're the two guys who still deliver thundering hipchecks with any sort of frequency :laugh:

I think the Hjalmarsson comparison is spot on, though, They have the same strengths and approach the game in a similar way. Both guys could put up more points in the wanted and could be more physically aggressive, but they play the game in a reserved, intelligent way that maximizes efficiency, mainly through a strong commitment to positioning, smooth skating, and an ability to smartly move the puck.

I agree on Hjalmarsson. Very similar player indeed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Nice to hear training is going well. Also interesting to hear Cameron is a tyrant when it comes to fitness.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
He is the glue ☺☻☺

Marc Methot is without a doubt the glue that holds the Ottawa Blueline together....................

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I felt way better about our team's defense since Method returned to the lineup.
Love the way he finishes his checks, and his stay at home Defensive play! :yo:

It' no mistake that Team Canada has him in their heads!

picture.php

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad