Marc Crawford

Should Crawford be Extended?

• Total voters

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Pretty much,keeping Crow for another season isnt the worst idea....Not far from it, but what else would be available to us ??My guess would be not much

I think there's guy who haven't coached in the NHL before who would fit the teams budget. That doesn't necessarily mean they want to come here, just that money shouldn't be THE determining factor like it is for almost everything else regarding this franchise.

I also understand the hesitation from the fan base bringing in another coach without NHL experience given the laundry list of coaches we've had come here since Murray (and subsequently never get another NHL shot again).

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
For me its all another byproduct of our lunatic owner,he has dragged this team down to the point ...Where it now has to pay big just for mediocrity ...

Yeah, that's kind of what I was alluding to with the "they still might not want to come here" comment. These guys will obviously value stability and unfortunately this franchise has none of that right now (thanks in large part to EM).

I just think money might not be the be all end all (for once) as far as getting a guy like Keefe, Ducharme, Groulx, ect.

Reactions: topshelf15

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Nothing wrong with him personally but the Sens need a complete change in structure including defensive zone coverage. Not sure Crawford will be able to do this. I have voted no. New coach with a new philosophy is needed.
No Crawford, no Richardson, no Klinendorst, no to anyone that has ever been a part of the Melnyk regime. FRESH VOICE!

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Not sure if this has been mentioned but, isn't Crawford from the Belleville area?

Potentially Mann/Crawford role switch? Wouldn't put it past this team, and fits the budget.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think there was a missed opportunity here to give an experienced guy like Crawford another role in the organization. Our front office is painfully thin - give him that Senior Advisor role and put him in charge of pro scouting. Mann does a good job on our amateur scouting, but there's a pretty clear consensus that our pro scouting is weak. Who knows - maybe Crow is determined to keep coaching somewhere, anywhere, but I might have been tempted to give him this role, thus "removing himself from consideration", then hire Smith a couple of days later...

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I think there was a missed opportunity here to give an experienced guy like Crawford another role in the organization. Our front office is painfully thin - give him that Senior Advisor role and put him in charge of pro scouting. Mann does a good job on our amateur scouting, but there's a pretty clear consensus that our pro scouting is weak. Who knows - maybe Crow is determined to keep coaching somewhere, anywhere, but I might have been tempted to give him this role, thus "removing himself from consideration", then hire Smith a couple of days later...

He may not be gone yet

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Disagree.

I think it's a great thing that he's gone.

what this team requires is more experienced NHL voices, not less. I'd have no issue with Crawford in some other role.

Smith seems to have some positives to him and is reputably well like by young players so that's good.

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
IMO, Crawford's negatives outweigh the experience he brings.

We can find experience without the baggage if that's what we want to do.

imo thats a grass is greener on the other side take

just saying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad