Speculation: Marc Bergevin's next move?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Aren't we at 50 contracts already?

Nope 47. At 50 ONLY if Juulsen, McNiver and Sergachev makes it. We all know that at the very very best, and it shouldn't happen, only Sergie might make it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
DD isn't much a 3rd line center, I'm fine with Shaw/Carr but I'd like someone else, let's say a Boyle/McCarron guy

There will be a fight for 3C in camp. Danault, McCarron, Hudon, DD. However, as sadly as a lot of people want DD gone, I'm not 100% convinced that the other 3 younger's are ready. Sorry but DD is probably 3C to start the year.

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
Hire a new analytics guy that will specialize in foxhole analysis and run graphs on checkered pants.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
There will be a fight for 3C in camp. Danault, McCarron, Hudon, DD. However, as sadly as a lot of people want DD gone, I'm not 100% convinced that the other 3 younger's are ready. Sorry but DD is probably 3C to start the year.

There's still a good top 6 LW to fill.....everybody see DD as 3rd C but with Therrien, don't underestimate the weird decisions. Last summer, most people thought that Eller was going to be our 3rd C.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
MB will finally land Yakupov as the OIL finally give up on trying to trade his for TOP TALENT as Yak is wat too close to being a FAT BUST.
With MB trying hard to land Shipachyov, it is possible that the habs land both. The Habs might look like the Wings of a few years back....

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Playstation-Button-C.png
Playstation-Button-X.png
Playstation-Dpad-Up.png
Playstation-Dpad-Up.png
Playstation-Button-X.png
Playstation-Button-T.png

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I just hope his next move is nothing big. If he can sign a big name, fine.

I just hope he refrains from making any big trades.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
- make more excuses
- hire another friend
- trade galchenyuk for a veteran like Marisn Hossa

Those are the most likely moves coming next, given his m.o

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I think its pretty clear that MB needs to monitor his LD closely. Whether beaulieu or even markov can play top pair assignments with Shea weber is a gigantic question mark.

You can mask the lack of a #6 scoring option better than a lack of a top pairing D.

The answer is clear for me. MB can hope he finds that LD solution from within, but chances are that he won't, and that is the #1 priority.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
My thought is any move Marc Bergevin makes in regards to the Habs Org., will benefit the team, each move made will most assuredly be discussed between the Front Office Team he assembled. Despite his reputation for working 24/7, Bergevin's quite aware the people that he works with all have the same goals/work ethics, in any era it takes the combined knowledge of the staff to make the very best moves. As I believe this regime has been following a strategic plan towards building a SC Championship team, very much as was followed in the dynasty years. This season is another step toward that goal, quite possibly a SC winning season, if all goes as planned.

By the way I voted for signing Shipachev, but there are 30 Gm's trying to sign players like Vadim as we banter about our Habs, I believe this team can win the Stanley Cup this year. Every year I want the Habs to win, as do they more so than myself, this year I firmly see them in the Stanley Cup Finals, & I can barely contain my thoughts of our Habs skating around the rink with the Stanley Cup held high. I hope they win in Montreal, 1st Stanley Cup Triumph this millennium & at the Bell Center, this team deserves this opportunity, Bergevin has provided the pieces necessary IMHO!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

I wish I had your optimism, but man are you headed for disappointment or what :(

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Go after Vesey?

Several other teams reported to be on Vesey but haven't seen anything about the Habs. Maybe the Habs are just under the radar and are in on it. We'll see.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Several other teams reported to be on Vesey but haven't seen anything about the Habs. Maybe the Habs are just under the radar and are in on it. We'll see.

The last thing I saw with the Habs and Vesey was Chris Nilan (Vesey's Godfather) saying that he could get MB a meeting with Vesey and family if Bergevin wanted it. No guarantees on signing, but he could get MB a meeting. This was months ago on Nilan's radio show and we've heard nothing since then.

I sure hope Bergevin takes up Nilan's offer once Vesey is free to speak to teams on August 15th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad