Marc Bergevin: Our fearless leader? - Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Love it.......was thinking everyone would just ask one, but hey, love this!!
Are you a lawyer by chance!!! If I ever need one...............
I could still fill 3x more the questions to ask him. His imcompetence have no limits , his team is so poorly built , and has 0 direction.

Nah man im no lawyer just a man that hate Bergevin like I hate the medial system in Quebec.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I could still fill 3x more the questions to ask him. His imcompetence have no limits , his team is so poorly built , and has 0 direction.

Nah man im no lawyer just a man that hate Bergevin like he hates the medial system in Quebec.
I am not sure either one of us could sit with him for more than 5 minutes without starting a brawl!! He has been so bad, and there's CP31 saying hold my beer, we got this.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I am not sure either one of us could sit with him for more than 5 minutes without starting a brawl!! He has been so bad, and there's CP31 saying hold my beer, we got this.
Terrible GM.

He recent moves have been his best. Too bad he couldn't have done that from the beginning. Still want him fired.

Bilgerat10

Feb 14, 2010
Michigan
And I said... it depends where you rate him. That will determine whether he's overrated or not.

And I'm not even including the oldtimers in this discussion. Sawchuck, Plante and others might be considered as well...

You get no disagreement here. My original post had nothing to do with goaltender rankings or all-time greats. I think that would be pretty difficult to do with the inclusion of the Original Six era with post-expansion and the modern era. The metrics and the game has changed so much.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I would say a lot more, Habs never played the top teams to the Cup in 86 or 93.

Yeah, Quebec finishing 4th overall were so bad :facepalm:

Screenshot-20210606-181923-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Roy's clutch playoff ability is pretty over-rated, he had bad playoffs for him in front of good teams. What's underrated is that he was one of the most valuable hockey players of his generation in general so his baseline was always high and when he was overperforming his baseline (like any player does for stretches) he was as superhuman as any of that era's superstars.

That kind of differential between the best goaltenders and the average starter doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for quite a while. That's the issue with building around a goaltender, the quality gap between the top 2-3 and the top 12-20 is that big.
Sorry but maybe the best goalie to play is over rated? Hasek was over rated. Guy should have had a penalty onbhalf thebgamesbhe was tossing his stick out of his hands.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Sorry but maybe the best goalie to play is over rated? Hasek was over rated. Guy should have had a penalty onbhalf thebgamesbhe was tossing his stick out of his hands.

My point is that people act like what was special about Roy was the playoffs, which wasn't the case. He was just the best goaltender of his time by a fair margin and he has the playoffs you'd largely expect for the career of one of the best ever who played with good teams for almost all of his career. Roy as the clutch playoff guy is generally over-rated, Roy as one of the best of his position is commonly under-rated.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
My point is that people act like what was special about Roy was the playoffs, which wasn't the case. He was just the best goaltender of his time by a fair margin and he has the playoffs you'd largely expect for the career of one of the best ever who played with good teams for almost all of his career. Roy as the clutch playoff guy is generally over-rated, Roy as one of the best of his position is commonly under-rated.
Lets put it this way, when he was on he was on. Some years he didn't do it. All stanley cups need a team in front of them. Buffalo is proof you nwed a team. Even then there team was solid, maybe not great, but had some talent. More than this hab team. You dont end up a MVP mutliple times without perfroming well in the playoffs.

As a reminder he was still very good in the poatbseason

Most NHL playoff games played by a goaltender (247) (third-most playoff games of all players)

Most NHL playoff wins by a goaltender (151)

First NHL goaltender to play 1,000 NHL games (finished with 1,029 games, later passed by Martin Brodeur)

First NHL goaltender to win 500 games

Most Conn Smythe Trophy wins — 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad