Marc Bergevin Named 2016 Team Canada Assistant General Manager

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He bashed Plekanec?

Not only that, he said that he was contempt with his team, that he doesn't see any problems with it, Galchenyuk is a winger and he'll never let him, and that despite elaborate analysis gathered by HFBoards posters claiming Therrien is the worst coach in the NHL, Therrien has actually done a fine job. Oh and on top of that, he keeps signing bottom 6 players to long contracts, proving that the only players that matter to him are grinders who don't question Michel's exclusive dump and chase system.

G Man 77

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
Fact is this is good for the Habs.. as their GM will gain valuable experience and have the opportunity to keep developing/working his already extensive list of contacts throughout the game.

After a series of GM's for this team who were on the outs or rejects.. finally a Habs GM with the "in" crowd, quite the change.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hmmm. Well MB has proven he can take credit for a decent team if all of the important pieces are given to him first

Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Gallagher, that 3rd overall pick. What an architect

Also those beautiful Eller, Desharnais, and Emelin contracts. What a genius!
Well if you're gonna talk about contracts, let's talk about Pacioretty, Price, Petry, Gallagher, Beaulieu...Eller has a very movable contract and DD could be making 1million a year it still would be un-moveable. Fact is people who really understand the BUSINESS of hockey think he's great....genius!
Guess Chiarelli is doomed, he's inherited a MacDavid, Hall, RNH, Yakupov etc.......what new GM doesn't inherit some good players and Picks??

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Well if you're gonna talk about contracts, let's talk about Pacioretty, Price, Petry, Gallagher, Beaulieu...Eller has a very movable contract and DD could be making 1million a year it still would be un-moveable. Fact is people who really understand the BUSINESS of hockey think he's great....genius!
Guess Chiarelli is doomed, he's inherited a MacDavid, Hall, RNH, Yakupov etc.......what new GM doesn't inherit some good players and Picks??

I have a really, really low opinion of Peter Chiarelli, one of the worst chumps in the NHL

And I don't hate Bergevin. I like the way he leads the team and the atmosphere he's created. But he's not amazing GM at all.Three years running with a huge budget and the habs forwards are still mediocre top to bottom. People go on about the teams success as if it's all due to Mb when it's not at all.

"Do you want me to trade Carey Price? That's what it cost to get a big centre,"- stupid quote from Bergevin

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Fact is this is good for the Habs.. as their GM will gain valuable experience and have the opportunity to keep developing/working his already extensive list of contacts throughout the game.

After a series of GM's for this team who were on the outs or rejects.. finally a Habs GM with the "in" crowd, quite the change.

Yeah, I look at this appointment of bergevin as a reflection of his strong networking in the hockey world.

It certainly doesn't hurt to have that in your back pocket.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
DSP and DD with a free sympathy ride. Therrien as assistant coach to screw up Canada's PP.

Great that Canada hired him, because it gives everyone else a better shot at winning, including USA.

HabsDieHard*

Hasn't Kevin Lowe been on almost every Team Canada management team for the last 15 years?

**** is meaningless, yo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad