Rumor: Marc Bergevin meets with team leaders, without Therrien

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Basically from Nicolas Poulin's twitter and Dany Dube's account, Berg met with Pacioretty, Weber and Price for an internal meeting. Without Therrien, that could only mean one thing...

Berg probably seeing what the leadership core thinks of their coach and the possibility of letting Therrien go.

Nicolas Poulin @NicolasPoulin
Marc Bergevin aurait rencontré ses leaders, dont Max Pacioretty, Carey Price et Shea Weber, hier, sans Michel Therrien, via Dany Dubé. #Habs
9:10 AM - 9 Feb 2017

Sources:
https://twitter.com/NicolasPoulin

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/latest-news/2017/2/9/14559794/report-marc-bergevin-meets-with-team-leaders-without-therrien-habs-rumors-yay-good-times-sigh

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Basically from Nicolas Poulin's twitter and Dany Dube's account, Berg met with Pacioretty, Weber and Price for an internal meeting. Without Therrien, that could only mean one thing...

Berg probably seeing what the leadership core thinks of their coach and the possibility of letting Therrien go.

Sources:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/latest-news/2017/2/9/14559794/report-marc-bergevin-meets-with-team-leaders-without-therrien-habs-rumors-yay-good-times-sigh

It could actually mean several things lol

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I heard Dubé mention it on the radio, saying that he didn't wanna speculate because those type of meetings happen.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That's the kindof things GM's usually DON'T do, no?

I mean, he could've met either of them alone for whatever reason, but not three of them as a group.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Could be about Therrien just like it could be about a guy like Galchenyuk.

Bergevin probably already knows how Therrien feels about Galchenyuk.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Sources:

I think there's a bigger chance of us dealing Chuck away than us firing MT.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They don't say if the meeting with MT was before or after the one with the players. It could be MB trying to see what the two sides have to say. It's like any boss meeting with two employees separately to see what's each of them have to say about a certain issue.

Dans Les Coulisses say that they have sources that have told them two stories:

1- After the Sharks game when Carey was pulled, he and MT got into a heated argument where MT told Price that if he doesn't want to get pulled, he should stop the puck.

2- After Shaw took his stupid penalty against Philly last Thursday, MT laid it into Shaw in the 2nd intermission before benching him the entire 3rd period. Apparently, his teammates didn't like that.

I don't know if there is any truth to these reports by DLC. But if there is, I'm not sure MB would let his star goaltender and his face of the franchise who is close to the end of his contract AND a newly acquired player he values a lot remain unhappy and continue to not want this coach anymore.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
They don't say if the meeting with MT was before or after the one with the players. It could be MB trying to see what the two sides have to say. It's like any boss meeting with two employees separately to see what's each of them have to say about a certain issue.

Dans Les Coulisses say that they have sources that have told them two stories:

1- After the Sharks game when Carey was pulled, he and MT got into a heated argument where MT told Price that if he doesn't want to get pulled, he should stop the puck.

2- After Shaw took his stupid penalty against Philly last Thursday, MT laid it into Shaw in the 2nd intermission before benching him the entire 3rd period. Apparently, his teammates didn't like that.

I don't know if there is any truth to these reports by DLC. But if there is, I'm not sure MB would let his star goaltender and his face of the franchise who is close to the end of his contract AND a newly acquired player he values a lot remain unhappy and continue to not want this coach anymore.

And you can't move Galchenyuk in favor of a coach who is already becoming a victim of time.

Galchenyuk will be a top centerman in this league long after Therrien is replaced in Montreal.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
And you can't move Galchenyuk in favor of a coach who is already becoming a victim of time.

Galchenyuk will be a top centerman in this league long after Therrien is replaced in Montreal.
I don't know. The media has already turned on him and it's only been a few games back from his injury...

As for MT, we traded freaking Subban away to keep him happy. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know. The media has already turned on him and it's only been a few games back from his injury...

As for MT, we traded freaking Subban away to keep him happy. I don't think he's going anywhere.

The media can turn on Galchenyuk all they want. I just hope Bergevin doesn't turn on him. That's all that really matters because no matter what the media says and what we as fans say, ultimately the one who holds the real power is Bergevin.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011

That exact same words were said about PK Subban... :help:

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL

As they say.. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
A meeting to make sure the boys understand how great coach Michou is.

Nothing to see here, all star management, all star coaching and the boys can't keep up with that greatness.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

The treatment of AG by the coach and media remind some exactly of how Subban was treated. The seeds were planted i the winter for a June trade.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That exact same words were said about PK Subban... :help:

That is true. But in PK's case, I don't think it's the media and the fans that made Bergevin's mind up on dealing PK.

We obviously don't know if there are issues between Galchenyuk and the coach or Galchenyuk and management. But I think in PK's case, I don't think it was only a conflict with the coach that did him in, but it was a conflict with management.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
This could mean a lot of things, like I said I really don't see him firing Therrien

Asking about other players in the room
Asking about how would they feel with an extension to Radu
Asking about players around the league they might have played with (like Weber and Price regarding Duchene)

Jul 6, 2016

Sources:

You don't get it.

It is pretty sure that MB told MT before the meeting. MB wants to know what's going on inside the room, and also give a good pep talk to his so called leaders. After all, he is the one who gave them fat contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad