Marc Bergevin: “I believe that with a better or different attitude, we don’t have 40 losses)

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
I believe they all hate him. Not too long ago, he met all the french guys on his team and said to them "if any of you talk about what is going on in the room to the press, we're gonna trade you elsewhere". What a "welcome home" for these guys that dreamt of playing for the Hab, right? They must not have thought of him well.

If I was a French speaking player on the Habs, I'd gladly take Bergevin up on this "offer"! Get me outta there!

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
bergevin_marc-1040x572.jpg

bruins-fire-peter-chiarelli.jpg

benningsurprise1.jpg
The 3 stooges

Reactions: valet

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Bergevin is 100% right. If only they could find a fun-loving player that always comes to the rink with a smile, is gregarious, is just bigger than life, and is a fantastic hockey player. Imagine what the team could do with a player like that around.

I hear Nashville has such a player, but too bad only a fool would trade them away.

BTW does anyone know when they're going to announce Vigneault as the Canadiens new coach?

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
If Montreal somehow signs Tavares AND Stastny they could finally be average at center.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Both Bergevin and Chiarelli really care more about character and attitude than what actually matters: talent.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Whenever I've watched Montral play Toronto I've always thought "man these guys need better attitudes."

All of this is so familiar to Leafs fans. Shades of Burke/Nonis. Shivers just went down my spine.

Reactions: NoName

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well, he's not wrong. Crap teams that get their heads caved in most of the season because they are substantially less talented than their opponents, tend to end up with bad attitudes. If they were more talented they would be winning more games, and have better attitudes. Circular logic people. Come on!:sarcasm:

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Bergevin is 100% right. If only they could find a fun-loving player that always comes to the rink with a smile, is gregarious, is just bigger than life, and is a fantastic hockey player. Imagine what the team could do with a player like that around.

I hear Nashville has such a player, but too bad only a fool would trade them away.

When I started reading that I thought you were talking about Radulov. It could apply to both. For a guy who talks about character and attitude so much, he seems to alienate all the players who display those characteristics.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017

I believe that with a different GM they don't have 40 losses this year.

Too late now though; enjoy the massive anchor contracts and an annual 50 injury riddled games of an aging Price, Alzner and Weber while Subban and Sergachev are young, healthy and annually contending for Norris trophies and Stanley Cups.

The idea that this lizard is placing blame for the season with anyone but himself is deeply revolting. I can't believe Montreal is sticking with him.

Reactions: Bozle

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Wouldn't blame the players at all if they don't feel great about coming to their jobs. Must be hard when their GM is such an arrogant idiot. Marc your job title is General Manager, your team not having a good enough attitude starts and ends with you.

Which is it anyway? Better or different?

Reactions: jayhabs

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
i will still forever hate him for what happened with markov. what a f***ing joke

the movie would be called "bergevin: how to destroy a team in an off-season"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad