Player Discussion Marc-Andre Fleury

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I have always been a huge fan of MAF. In our couple wins this series, he made some extremely important saves. However, he has also looked like the MAF we witnessed play against the Wild. He looks so off balance, almost spooked, and the team looks confused in front of him.

I’m not opposed to Talbot starting G6, and to be quite honest the most surprising thing is that Talbot hasn’t gotten a shot with his most recent record and stats. The only thing going against Talbot here is his record against the Blues since he joined the Wild.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
i also wonder if the retreat to the slot so quick and giving up the first shot is for rebound control as they know fleury will kick it out as long as he makes the first save?
I feel like it's got to be a pretty big adjustment for the defensemen between the two goalies when they play so different stylistically. They didn't seem to have too much trouble going back and forth during the regular season though, so maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I have always been a huge fan of MAF. In our couple wins this series, he made some extremely important saves. However, he has also looked like the MAF we witnessed play against the Wild. He looks so off balance, almost spooked, and the team looks confused in front of him.

I’m not opposed to Talbot starting G6, and to be quite honest the most surprising thing is that Talbot hasn’t gotten a shot with his most recent record and stats. The only thing going against Talbot here is his record against the Blues since he joined the Wild.

Makes no sense at this point. Just run with MAF through the end of this series. I don't think bringing a now-cold (possibly) Talbot makes sense now.

Maybe I'm wrong though and they will throw him in into the win-or-go-golfing do or die game 6. We'll find out tomorrow..

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Makes no sense at this point. Just run with MAF through the end of this series. I don't think bringing a now-cold (possibly) Talbot makes sense now.

Maybe I'm wrong though and they will throw him in into the win-or-go-golfing do or die game 6. We'll find out tomorrow..
I feel the same. We will see what happens. A goalie change should have happened at the same time St Louis threw in Binnington if we planned on sitting Flower

Reactions: Northerner

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I feel the same. We will see what happens. A goalie change should have happened at the same time St Louis threw in Binnington if we planned on sitting Flower

MN had just won 2 games. You don't change your goalie when you're winning.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
images

fleury-nicetry.jpg

images

fleury.png

images

This was almost my GDT... I needed to vent

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
They're going to have to put him back in again eventually. Gustavsson was horrible last night too.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
We're gonna have to score 20 goals a night when he's in nets to ensure victories. He's so bad.

Which is sad because the rest of the team is not that bad at all and should have been a lock for a playoff berth

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
We're gonna have to score 20 goals a night when he's in nets to ensure victories. He's so bad.

Which is sad because the rest of the team is not that bad at all and should have been a lock for a playoff berth
Meh. He's not been GOOD by any measure.... but our defense has probably been worse these 4 games. Wasn't terrible tonight. Only 1 bad goal in my eyes.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

MAF? I don’t know what game you watched last night, but he got progressively better as the game went on. He was lights out in the 3rd period. Hoping that trend continues.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
MAF? I don’t know what game you watched last night, but he got progressively better as the game went on. He was lights out in the 3rd period. Hoping that trend continues.
Vancouver not scoring on their first shot after we tied at 3-3 was a surprise. Going to take awhile before MAF earns trust back. Can’t remember the last time he stole a game for us.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
not going to complain. Looked a bit shaky early on, but got steadier. My worry is more about our D, and team D. It seems like we are getting beaten on basic mistakes, and not by the Nathan Mackinnon and Connor McDavid's of the world.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
not going to complain. Looked a bit shaky early on, but got steadier. My worry is more about our D, and team D. It seems like we are getting beaten on basic mistakes, and not by the Nathan Mackinnon and Connor McDavid's of the world.
Very true. Not sure even one of the goals given up last night is MAF’s fault. First one was a back door tap in where the Canuck beat Dumba. Second one Hartman didn’t pick up his guy and Addison wasn’t quick enough to move over and stop the mini breakaway. The third one could be considered MAF’s fault since he put out two juicy rebounds, BUT he did make the first two saves. By the third shot in 2 seconds is it really his fault?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Vancouver not scoring on their first shot after we tied at 3-3 was a surprise. Going to take awhile before MAF earns trust back. Can’t remember the last time he stole a game for us.

It's a rather small sample size. DAL or CAR last year maybe?

It's been pretty barren for MN goalies stealing games since Harding. Dub for a maybe season and a half, until he fell off a cliff.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's a rather small sample size. DAL or CAR last year maybe?

It's been pretty barren for MN goalies stealing games since Harding. Dub for a maybe season and a half, until he fell off a cliff.
Harding retiring out of hockey due to MS still upsets me. He was a beast.

Reactions: TaLoN and Wabit

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Very true. Not sure even one of the goals given up last night is MAF’s fault. First one was a back door tap in where the Canuck beat Dumba. Second one Hartman didn’t pick up his guy and Addison wasn’t quick enough to move over and stop the mini breakaway. The third one could be considered MAF’s fault since he put out two juicy rebounds, BUT he did make the first two saves. By the third shot in 2 seconds is it really his fault?
3rd not at all his fault. He did really well to keep the puck out on the 2nd rebound.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
He was better today. Not great, but better. He needs to perform like he did today going forward if the team in front of him is to have confidence

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He was better today. Not great, but better. He needs to perform like he did today going forward if the team in front of him is to have confidence
I’d go so far as to say he was really good, the team hung him out to dry repeatedly and he made crucial saves. I’m not a fan of his but he was good

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, he cost us another point, if not two. Very soft goal let in in a one goal game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00