Marc-Andre Cliche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
Rangers 2nd round pick last year in the draft.

I have him in a deep keeper league as a prospect.

Does anyone know much about him? He has done very well points wise in the qmjhl this year and seems to be pretty darn good on face offs, takes a TON of them.

Rangers fans may know something about the guy, or Q fans.

Just curious...

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
He always gives 110%. He just needs to keep working on his game, get better at the little things, and hopefully it will translate well to the next level.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Here is some quotes about him coming from Lewiston fans.

Marc-Andre Cliche

LewistonFan 1 said:
Marc-Andre Cliche is a skilled offensive player who has battled injuries his prior two seasons in the Q. This year has been his breakout year playing on a line with Mathieu Aubin. Good on-ice vision with a nose for the net. Shoud make the NHL, but at least two more full seasons away.

LewistonFan 2 said:
Cliche has been an offensive point machine this season which is little surprising because missed 90% of last year due to injury. I thought the Rangers were nuts when they picked him that high put right now they are looking smart. Maybe someone else can say his skills cuz I haven't seen to many games with him.

LewistonFan 3 said:
Last year injuries sidelined him for most of the season. Fast skater with excellent straght away speed. Physically much stronger this season. Improving his game in tight areas in the offensive zone both in terms of hand speed and soft hands. Good vision. Offensive player, he has been working at rounding off his game to add other dimensions to it.

LewistonFan 4 said:
cliche is finally healthy best two way player on his team good in corners and in front of net plays on #1 pp unit and plays sh when healthy is very good all aroud player

If anybody here has watched him i'd be great to get some more feedback on him.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I seriously don't know how the rangers could have picked him up at 56 overall, granted he is doing very well in the q right now and he is a good prospect, but his first two seasons in the q were destroyed by injuries. For that reason, I reckon they could have had him a bit later. It doesn't matter now though.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
No offense but I really hope this guy doesn't make it to the NHL. After about one week all the stupid Chris Berman-esque jokes using his name are going to have me wishing I could reach through the TV and strangle the idiot at the other end.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
MLH said:
No offense but I really hope this guy doesn't make it to the NHL. After about one week all the stupid Chris Berman-esque jokes using his name are going to have me wishing I could reach through the TV and strangle the idiot at the other end.

did you find this funny:

MLH said:
He always gives 110%.

it's pronounced Cleesh, if that helps

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
MLH said:
He always gives 110%. He just needs to keep working on his game, get better at the little things, and hopefully it will translate well to the next level.
:biglaugh: Best post all day.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
MLH said:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I recall making a similar joke the year of his draft, sadly no one got it, but hey at least I know someone COULD have.

Korpido

Jul 15, 2005
FLYLine88 said:
Why am I not getting it??? :confused: :confused:

Read the post over and then remember that this dudes last name is Cliche..

I thought it was funny too :biglaugh:

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Leachmeister2000 said:
I seriously don't know how the rangers could have picked him up at 56 overall, granted he is doing very well in the q right now and he is a good prospect, but his first two seasons in the q were destroyed by injuries. For that reason, I reckon they could have had him a bit later. It doesn't matter now though.
;) And if another team knew what the Rangers new? When you start to sweat with guessing games time is almost up. :)

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
ROOKIE CHARGERS said:
;) And if another team knew what the Rangers new? When you start to sweat with guessing games time is almost up. :)

Which is what happened with Wheeler and a host of other players.

NYRGoalieGlut*

MLH said:

MLH 1- NYRGoalieGlut 0, see I didn't get that. Great subtle use of sarcasm. :handclap:

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Epsilon said:

No offense!!!!!!!!!!! Are you nuts... 49GM 27G 41A 68PTS that is pretty good with Aubin on his line with 52GM 35G 41A 76PTS. Plus coming with 2 season of injuries nobody expect to be 2nd in points on the team..

I don't think you have to worry about Chris Berman jokes cuz ESPN gives a rats @$$ about hockey. Please again don't use this excuse for hoping a player doesn't make the NHL. Support your answer then I will respect your opinion. But if you just use I don't like this guy because Sports Anchors will use his name alot so I don't him in the NHL is...DUMB

NYRGoalieGlut*

kickice said:
It wasn't an example of sarcasm though!

I always heard the Yanks had a problem with understanding sarcasm, that proves it ;)

How was it not sarcasm? Besides, first I wasn't born here, so any stupid steriotype doesn't apply to me, and second, usually I understand sarcasm, third, that was REALLY subtle, I think you have to be conscious of the pun at the moment (and I wasn't) and have to realize that he wasn't really talking about Cliche's attributes in a thread asking for them, and fourth, I guess you'll say that your post was sarcasm, but we all know that will be a cover up and you really feel like that (most jokes are not fully jokes but emit the joker's true feelings). ;)

kickice

NYRGoalieGlut said:
How was it not sarcasm? Besides, first I wasn't born here, so any stupid steriotype doesn't apply to me, and second, usually I understand sarcasm, third, that was REALLY subtle, I think you have to be conscious of the pun at the moment (and I wasn't) and have to realize that he wasn't really talking about Cliche's attributes in a thread asking for them, and fourth, I guess you'll say that your post was sarcasm, but we all know that will be a cover up and you really feel like that (most jokes are not fully jokes but emit the joker's true feelings). ;)

Sarcastic comments intend to riducule, and be mocking or contemptious.

That wasn't at all. It wasn't hurtful, or scornful in the slightest.

Anyway, no bid deal, just pointing out that it wasn't sarcasm! Sarcasm is good - but that wasn't sarcasm, just a funny play on a mans name.!

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
kickice said:
Sarcastic comments intend to riducule, and be mocking or contemptious.

That wasn't at all. It wasn't hurtful, or scornful in the slightest.

Anyway, no bid deal, just pointing out that it wasn't sarcasm! Sarcasm is good - but that wasn't sarcasm, just a funny play on a mans name.!
Correct. More of a pun than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad