Marc André Fleury Knows What to Do to Help the Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
If Fleury and Houle keep playing like this Memeorial Cup is close to a given....unless Crosby can pick up his play in playoffs even more.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
JasonMacIsaac said:
If Fleury and Houle keep playing like this Memeorial Cup is close to a given....unless Crosby can pick up his play in playoffs even more.

the only teams that can eliminate them are the Sags and the Oylmpiques

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
JasonMacIsaac said:
Shawinigon isn't in the same league as the top teams, Gatineau and Rimouski are the only teams I think will come close.

I said the Chicoutimi Sags ... the Shawinigan ...

PEli*

FSU Seminoles said:
I said the Chicoutimi Sags ... the Shawinigan ...

Cataractes, duh... :rolly: Les Sagueneens are hosers.

CB is a damn good team but Gatineau can wipe the floor with any team in the CHL on any given night. It sucks but it's true.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
PEli said:
Cataractes, duh... :rolly: Les Sagueneens are hosers.

CB is a damn good team but Gatineau can wipe the floor with any team in the CHL on any given night. It sucks but it's true.
Ummmmmm no it isn't, We lead the season series with Gateneau, both our goaltenders are better then theirs, our offense is better and our defense is better. GA and GF don't lie. We have had a lot of injuries all year too, Bernier seems to miss a game ever week.

Edit: Gatineau passed CB in the offense department last night.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
FSU Seminoles said:
the only teams that can eliminate them are the Sags and the Oylmpiques

Chicoutimi has been playing well, but I dont think they have the depth to match us in a 7 game series. They're a team that will regret not getting another scorer at the trade deadline imo.

IMO the only teams that do not have any real question marks on the ice are Cape Breton, Gatineau, and Moncton and 1 of those 3 will be going to Kelowna.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Ryan, you can't count Crosby team out ever....sure they have question marks but if they can get Pouliot and Croby going on two different lines they will be tough to beat.

Chicoutimi isn't even a great team, they play in a weak conference, GF and GA aren't good at all, I don't see them being a challenge at all.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I say Kelowna, London, Cape Breton, and Medicine Hat will be in the memorial cup this year. All the three that qualified have blistering offenses.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
JasonMacIsaac said:
Ummmmmm no it isn't, We lead the season series with Gateneau, both our goaltenders are better then theirs, our offense is better and our defense is better. GA and GF don't lie. We have had a lot of injuries all year too, Bernier seems to miss a game ever week.

We won both here. They won the one there.

Up front Gatineau has a slight edge in depth and on the blueline i'd say the Eagles have a slight depth advantage but the Eagles the edge in goal without a doubt. Eagles have the better PK, Gatineau have the better PP. And Gatineau have an edge in toughness and in the home crowd.

A series between the 2 would go 6 or 7 and for anyone to say the other team would wipe the floor with the other is idiotic.

PEli*

JasonMacIsaac said:

It is possible. Trust me. Halifax's team last year was arguably better than CB's this year. They had a far better blueline, a group of forwards on par with CB's and the hottest goaltender in the league in Lavallee. Gatineau took them to seven and proved they were the better team.

Never count out the Olympiques.

RyanM said:
A series between the 2 would go 6 or 7 and for anyone to say the other team would wipe the floor with the other is idiotic.

Ah, jeez. Gatineau could easily smoke CB just like anybody else. Nobody is immune to losing to a solid team. It's the same for Gatineau. They could get whacked by a great team like CB as well. Is that idiotic? I hope not.

UncleLeo

Jan 23, 2004
Caper in Orlando
With the talent the Eagles have, top to bottom, they should be considered the favorites to come out of the QMJHL.

The only thing that could change this is if they get out-coached by one of the other top teams in the playoffs, which is a distinct possibility from what I've been told by some of my friends on the Island.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
JasonMacIsaac said:
Ryan, you can't count Crosby team out ever....sure they have question marks but if they can get Pouliot and Croby going on two different lines they will be tough to beat.

Chicoutimi isn't even a great team, they play in a weak conference, GF and GA aren't good at all, I don't see them being a challenge at all.

Unless they find a way to put Sid on every line, i'm not scared of them. Look at their record vs good teams.Last night was a perfect example. Sid plays one of his best games, puts up 6 points, but they lose 8-6 to a better team. They need to learn how to play team defence or else they're not going anywhere and have no chance vs Cape Breton, Gatineau, and Moncton.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
PEli said:
Ah, jeez. Gatineau could easily smoke CB just like anybody else. Nobody is immune to losing to a solid team. It's the same for Gatineau. They could get whacked by a great team like CB as well. Is that idiotic? I hope not.

You know what I meant. On paper both teams are pretty even. You can shoot your mouth off(not you,personally :) ) about how 1 should sweep the other but its a pretty stupid thing to do with 2 teams that are so evenly matched.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I agree with everything RyanM said.

Crosby shouldnt be a worry. His team is made up of 5 scorers, 3 offensive dmen and 1 good goalie. Not a great playoff team.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
PEli said:
It is possible. Trust me. Halifax's team last year was arguably better than CB's this year. They had a far better blueline, a group of forwards on par with CB's and the hottest goaltender in the league in Lavallee. Gatineau took them to seven and proved they were the better team.

Never count out the Olympiques.

You on drugs?

2002/2003 Mooseheads WERE NOT better than the 2003/2004 Eagles.

Eagles have 2 better goalies than Halifax's Lavallee.

Defense:

They are 8 deep. Halkifax was 6 deep but they had better top end guys. Ramholt vs. Jurcina. Plus Picard and Villy are a year older on CB.

Forwards:

Each team had 7 scorers, the only place HFX wins is checking line.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I thought Dixon did a good job on Crosby in the neutral zone but Ramhold lost every battle down low. I don't know how you would change becauase I really don't like Croby running wild behind our net.

PEli, Halifax's team wasnt better then CB's this year. Being a devils fan you should know best Goaltending is everything in the playoffs and CB had the advantage over any team in the league. Can't wait for the playoffs, when do playoff packages start being sold?

PEli*

La-La-Laprise said:
You on drugs?

2002/2003 Mooseheads WERE NOT better than the 2003/2004 Eagles.

Eagles have 2 better goalies than Halifax's Lavallee.

Defense:

They are 8 deep. Halkifax was 6 deep but they had better top end guys. Ramholt vs. Jurcina. Plus Picard and Villy are a year older on CB.

Forwards:

Each team had 7 scorers, the only place HFX wins is checking line.

Maybe I'm just a homer. I'll be happy to admit that. I'm not on drugs though. Not these days. I like Halifax's 03' blueline more than CB's this year. I guess I should have elaborated. Last year's playoff version of Lavallee is as good as Houle and while he isn't in the same league as Fleury, the results don't lie.

Again, I'm probably just a big ol' homer here. Eh...oh well.

JasonMacIsaac said:
PEli, Halifax's team wasnt better then CB's this year. Being a devils fan you should know best Goaltending is everything in the playoffs and CB had the advantage over any team in the league.

Which is exactly why I included Lavallee in my post. Goaltending is everything. Guillaume Lavallee was absolutely stellar for the Mooseheads in the playoffs last year. I won't forget that.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
PEli said:
Maybe I'm just a homer. I'll be happy to admit that. I'm not on drugs though. Not these days. I like Halifax's 03' blueline more than CB's this year. I guess I should have elaborated. Last year's playoff version of Lavallee is as good as Houle and while he isn't in the same league as Fleury, the results don't lie.

Again, I'm probably just a big ol' homer here. Eh...oh well.

Which is exactly why I included Lavallee in my post. Goaltending is everything. Guillaume Lavallee was absolutely stellar for the Mooseheads in the playoffs last year. I won't forget that.
HAHAHAH, He is the reason they didn't go to the memorial cup, last two games he lt in 6 goals?

PEli*

JasonMacIsaac said:
HAHAHAH, He is the reason they didn't go to the memorial cup, last two games he lt in 6 goals?

Any idea which team lit him up? The same team I've been talking about this entire thread. It's not like the series was a blowout either. Without the six goals you're talking about, Halifax outscores Gatineau 23-21. Wow.

Any goaltender can be the victim of a superior offense. Look at Halifax vs. CB in the first round. Halifax outscored CB 17-2 in four games. Big deal.

Nobody could stop Talbot, Brunelle and Daoust last year. Nobody.

1. Maxime Talbot 20GP, 14G, 30A, 44Pts
2. Mathieu Brunelle 20GP, 22G, 16A, 38Pts
3. Jean-Michel Daoust 20GP, 12G, 25A, 37Pts

That's a combined 129pts in just twenty games. Nobody could stop these guys. This is the basis of my first post. Gatineau, just like CB if it makes you happy, can wipe the floor with any team in the league on any given night. I said nothing about sweeping a series and nothing about CB being a poor team. Quit whining.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
JasonMacIsaac said:

Are you serious? Without Lavallee they probably do not even beat Bathurst. He was awesome for them last year. It'd be like Houle being in the same position and someone saying he sucked cause he let in a bunch of goals in the last 2 games when his team had nothing left to give at the end of the 3rd 7 game series in a row.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
PEli said:
Any idea which team lit him up? The same team I've been talking about this entire thread. It's not like the series was a blowout either. Without the six goals you're talking about, Halifax outscores Gatineau 23-21. Wow.

Any goaltender can be the victim of a superior offense. Look at Halifax vs. CB in the first round. Halifax outscored CB 17-2 in four games. Big deal.

Nobody could stop Talbot, Brunelle and Daoust last year. Nobody.

1. Maxime Talbot 20GP, 14G, 30A, 44Pts
2. Mathieu Brunelle 20GP, 22G, 16A, 38Pts
3. Jean-Michel Daoust 20GP, 12G, 25A, 37Pts

That's a combined 129pts in just twenty games. Nobody could stop these guys. This is the basis of my first post. Gatineau, just like CB if it makes you happy, can wipe the floor with any team in the league on any given night. I said nothing about sweeping a series and nothing about CB being a poor team. Quit whining.
You seem to be the one whinning, you seem to be upset that everyone eccept yourself thinks Cape Breton's team this year is better then Halifax's last year. I seen both of Halifax's final games of that sereis and Lavallee was the reason they lost. He didn't make any of the big saves when it counted. Halifax bet a pathetic CB team last year, we had nothing on the blueline, no forward depth and a great goaltender in nets. Lavallee stats were going to be great comming out of that series.

Last edited:

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
JasonMacIsaac said:
You seem to be the one whinning, you seem to be upset that everyone eccept yourself thinks Cape Breton's team this year is better then Halifax's. I seen both of Halifax's final games of that sereis and Lavallee was the reason they lost. He didn't make any of the big saves when it counted. Halifax bet a pathetic CB team last year, we had nothing on the blueline, no forward depth and a great goaltender in nets. Lavallee stats were going to be great comming out of that series.

Lavallee was playing great before the playoffs even started. He was player of the month for February.

And he and his TEAM were dead tired for those last 2 games. Anyone would be after 2 tough series vs Bathurst and Baie-Comeau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad