Marc André Fleury Knows What to Do to Help the Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
I'm not sold on the Oceanic guys. If they won 1 series in the playoffs it's going to be great. They haven't any problem on offense, but the defense is very poor. They allow a lot of shots each night same if they play against teams in reconstruction like Victoriaville, Halifax, Baie-Comeau, etc. Lavallée will have to make miracles if they wish to win 1 serie

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
RyanM said:
Lavallee was playing great before the playoffs even started. He was player of the month for February.

And he and his TEAM were dead tired for those last 2 games. Anyone would be after 2 tough series vs Bathurst and Baie-Comeau.
I don't care if their tired, there is no reason Lavallee should be blown out in the two clinching games. He didn't make any "Key" saves in those final two games. A good goaltender would have and may have switched the momentum.

PEli*

JasonMacIsaac said:
I don't care if their tired, there is no reason Lavallee should be blown out in the two clinching games. He didn't make any "Key" saves in those final two games. A good goaltender would have and may have switched the momentum.

Yes, buddy. Care to check any of this out?

Did any team drive a tougher road than Halifax in the playoffs last season? They played three straight seven games series. Anybody that isn't tired after a seven game series against Bathurst and then your brand new rival, Baie-Comeau, is a superhuman. You're basically saying that Guillaume Lavallee wasn't a good goaltender for the Moose in the playoffs last year. Awesome.

JasonMacIssac said:
You seem to be the one whinning, you seem to be upset that everyone eccept yourself thinks Cape Breton's team this year is better then Halifax's last year. I seen both of Halifax's final games of that sereis and Lavallee was the reason they lost. He didn't make any of the big saves when it counted. Halifax bet a pathetic CB team last year, we had nothing on the blueline, no forward depth and a great goaltender in nets. Lavallee stats were going to be great comming out of that series.

This is whining?
I like Halifax's 03' blueline more than CB's this year. I guess I should have elaborated. Last year's playoff version of Lavallee is as good as Houle and while he isn't in the same league as Fleury, the results don't lie.

I guess somebody should pass me a tissue before I start crying. Lavallee wasn't the reason Halifax lost. Brunelle, Talbot and Daoust are. Teams need to stop blaming themselves for losses and look to the guys in the opposite dressing room. Hull was the better team and deserved to win.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
PEli said:
Yes, buddy. Care to check any of this out?

Did any team drive a tougher road than Halifax in the playoffs last season? They played three straight seven games series. Anybody that isn't tired after a seven game series against Bathurst and then your brand new rival, Baie-Comeau, is a superhuman. You're basically saying that Guillaume Lavallee wasn't a good goaltender for the Moose in the playoffs last year. Awesome.

This is whining?

I guess somebody should pass me a tissue before I start crying. Lavallee wasn't the reason Halifax lost. Brunelle, Talbot and Daoust are. Teams need to stop blaming themselves for losses and look to the guys in the opposite dressing room. Hull was the better team and deserved to win.
PEli, you didn't even live in Halifax last year so you are only going on stats and the same amound of games eastlink covered that I did, you are not the first, nor second, nor third person I would go to about a goaltenders play in the playoffs. You go by stats and stick by them and when there is a Brodeur argument you turn your face to the same stats. You are clearly whinning or you wouldn't have responded to my posts.

Lavallee stats where going to be padded from the CB series anyway, barley any scoring chacnes created by CB. Lavallee may have played well in the middle two series but when it came down to the one that counts....he didn't get the job done, much like Giguere.

Edit: So Hull was a better team then Halifax, that means Gatineau, Hull and Halifax were all better then the CB team this year....good stuff :)

I'm done with this thread.

PEli*

JasonMacIsaac said:
PEli, you didn't even live in Halifax last year so you are only going on stats and the same amound of games eastlink covered that I did, you are not the first, nor second, nor third person I would go to about a goaltenders play in the playoffs. You go by stats and stick by them and when there is a Brodeur argument you turn your face to the same stats. You are clearly whinning or you wouldn't have responded to my posts.

Lavallee stats where going to be padded from the CB series anyway, barley any scoring chacnes created by CB. Lavallee may have played well in the middle two series but when it came down to the one that counts....he didn't get the job done, much like Giguere.

Edit: So Hull was a better team then Halifax, that means Gatineau, Hull and Halifax were all better then the CB team this year....good stuff :)

I'm done with this thread.

Oh my. I don't even know why I acknowledged your posts here. I was at every single Halifax home playoff game last year. So despite your expert Eastlink watching skills, I'll take my opinion on any Moosehead over yours every single day of the week.

Does anybody have the heart to tell him?

edit: Eff it. I do. Hull and Gatineau are the same team. You have the stones to question somebody's opinion on a goaltender and you don't even know the sixteen teams in the league. Please don't respond and stick by your statement. I hope you're done with this thread.

PEli*

JasonMacIsaac said:

I have to question this too. Lavallee played five more games than the next busiest goaltender (LaFrance). Four games does not make up for twenty one others. :shakehead

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
All I have to say is that if the Sags keep playing like they do since two months, a lot of you will be surprised. They totally outplayed the Eagles the other week (even if the score doesn't really show that). And that, is a great sign.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
rahan said:
All I have to say is that if the Sags keep playing like they do since two months, a lot of you will be surprised. They totally outplayed the Eagles the other week (even if the score doesn't really show that). And that, is a great sign.

Totally outplayed?

Shots per period

CAP 13 + 12 + 9 = 34
CHI 5 + 15 + 9 = 29

Sags won 2-1

I listened to the game and Deslauriers was awesome. Neither team was totally outplayed.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Jacobv2 said:
How'd Fleury look in net?

He looked great. He had a tough time not facing as many shots as he's used to in Pittsburgh. The goal was not really his fault, the player had 3 wacks at the puck, but it can be argued that his foot came off the post too soon. Other then that he was his usual stellar self.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
RyanM said:
He looked great. He had a tough time not facing as many shots as he's used to in Pittsburgh. The goal was not really his fault, the player had 3 wacks at the puck, but it can be argued that his foot came off the post too soon. Other then that he was his usual stellar self.

Ryan you know he's a sieve :) :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad