Injury Report: Mar. 9: Meszaros (shoulder) activated from LTIR

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
We must be watching two different players because Gervais is a disaster back there. Play him more than 12 to 14 minutes and he absolutely crumbles. Gustafsson has looked very good, very sharp and very confident back there. He might not be a big hitter, but his positioning is very sound and he doesn't panic when he has the puck. He's skating very smoothly and he's making the safe play.

The big difference is that Gustafsson still has potential room to grow, but Foster has hit his ceiling and Gervais probably isn't going much higher.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Any words on Mez?

He has to be close now, no?

Monday and Friday are the two dates this week in which a full practice is scheduled. A specific date for his return has not been determined; however, an update could be issued some time after Monday's (tomorrow) practice.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Mesz is Mr. Glass.
you have to at least consiter buying him out. good player but he cant stay on the ice.

no you don't. his contract will be up before having to re-sign our RFAs. When healthy he's a good player and there's no point in using an amnesty on a useful player because of injury concerns when he only has a yr left on his contract. there won't be any better d-men on the market in that price range this off-season.

he's had some weird injuries recently so i would say you leave him alone and see if he can stay healthy.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I just hope he can get back significantly before the season becomes urgent (playoff push or actual playoffs). If a guy hasn't had a chance to gel with the team at all for a whole year, his return could hurt more than it helps.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
From Sam @ Philly Inq.

Good sign: Meszaros seems to be moving around very well in practice. Would not be surprised if he plays Thurs

There is no formal practice today. Extras and injured are practicing, however.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...Meszaros-frustrated-Grossmann-day-to-day.html

Meszaros said he is “slowly” making progress and he was “working hard every day” to try to return. The shoulder has good days and bad. “It’s like the weather,” he said, “so it’s tough to judge.”

Meszaros said he won’t be ready to play until he has full contact and tests the shoulder.

“I haven’t had had that yet,” he said.

The Flyers originally expected Meszaros to be back in the lineup last weekend, but the shoulder has healed slower than hoped.

Holmgren said Meszaros, not a doctor, will determine when he is ready.

“Yeah, it’s mine,” said Meszaros of his decision to return, “but I want to talk to a doctor about it and see…if he thinks it can get worse or not. You don’t want to go out there and feel shaky, and maybe a little scared to not do the right play and get scored on. That’s not the way I want to play. I want to go out there and do everything I was doing before.”

Hanzee Dent

Nov 22, 2010

For funsies, change "shoulder" to "head/brain/whatever makes sense" and that is almost word for word what every Flyer has said about their post-concussion symptoms. Well that not really fun at all. More heartbreaking.

/Dad cracked his head open skating 5 years ago and basically aged 20 years overnight as far as cognitive abilities go. He still gets dizzy spells too.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
mez played this year already bynum played at dave and busters if that counts

6a0120a6dde087970b017d3e8108f0970c-800wi

Sounds like Bynum...

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Lines at practice today:

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Meszaros-Gustafsson

Gervias-Foster

Having a legit nhl defender with Gus will hopefully help him abit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad