GDT: Mar 30 - CGY @ OTT 3pm MT [Snet W] & ABB @ TOR 2pm MT [Snet 360]

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The Sens winning does two very important things. First, it helps the Flames get that top five pick. Second, it prevents the Ducks from getting yet another blue chip prospect.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bunch of clowns.

Butler started that play by throwing it to an area where Backlund had zero options. :nod:

Welp, Ottawa really turned things on in the third and fully deserved the victory. 'Twas good to see Monahan get his 20th in Ottawa.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
About to get on a rant about Kyle Turris...

Someone stop me.

hold-me-back-bro-o.gif

Anyway, good news/bad news:

Good news: Top five pick!
Bad news: We lost.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
The Sens winning does two very important things. First, it helps the Flames get that top five pick. Second, it prevents the Ducks from getting yet another blue chip prospect.
that's a scary thought... either way they'll get a pretty good prospect whom they can afford to nurture and develop until he's ready.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Happy for Monahan!

Eh, could care less that we lost, though. Still was a good game, imo. Just unfortunate.

Aug 3, 2010
Not going to claim I watched this game as I was busy in the field all day (yes on days like these...) but even without knowing how the team and its individual players performed, it's been feeling like the Flames have been asking for a drubbing after giving out a few of their own recently.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not going to claim I watched this game as I was busy in the field all day (yes on days like these...) but even without knowing how the team and its individual players performed, it's been feeling like the Flames have been asking for a drubbing after giving out a few of their own recently.

This was very far from a drubbing. We heavily outplayed them in the second period and it looked like we would win, but we ran out of gas in the third. Their sixth goal was an EN, too.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Not really mad about the loss, congrats to Monahan on getting his 20th. Quite the accomplishment for a 19-year old rookie to achieve.

JulianHopper*

Sean Monahan Snipes 20th Goal Of Rookie Season

I believe Sean Monahan will score today and get his 20th of the season.

I believe Mikael Backlund will score today and get his 19th of the season.

They'll both be at 20 goals on the season coming back home after this roadtrip.

I should have called a win today.

Pretty good game, you can't expect your goalie to save games for you when you give up as many shots as the Flames in back to back games. Thirty seven shots on Karri Ramo tonight, that's to many in consecutive games, 41 last game.

More than likely has to do with Ladislav Smid being injured.

Chad Billins and Tyler Wotherspoon played okay but were both -2 which is understandable seeing as how they're both rookies.

Nice goals by Paul Byron and Matt Stajan.

Jiri Hudler with a couple assists, Mikael Backlund with one as well and a couple good scoring chances too. He'll get to 20 here shortly.

Offensively the Flames were all right tonight, just need to tighten up a bit defensively and try not to give up so many shots.

Nice goal by Sean Monahan, his 20th in his rookie season, good accomplishment and congratulations to Sean with many more to come.

Should be a good game on Tuesday against the Leafs.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
With the loss, the Flames have been officially eliminated from playoff contention.

:cry:

Actually pretty impressive it took this long, considering how TSN and also most of us thought the season would go.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hopefully the Islanders can pick out a win. Florida and NYI also play this week so that should help our tank.

Wonder if it would still be possible for Florida to pass us, probably not. That org is so terrible, they have been awful for how many seasons now?

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
When a game is on NBCSN I use an IP spoofing service to watch a team broadcast on GCL so I don't have to listen to Doc Emrick.
I'm really glad I'm not the only one who absolutely can't stand Doc Emrick. Both his voice and his vocabulary... He calls so many games come playoff time too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad