Recalled/Assigned: @MapleLeafs have recalled Frederik Gauthier from Marlies Marner on IR

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leo if I were to guess. But I think this is a precursor to something else .. The Leafs have all that cap space and could acquire a bloated contract of a player who meets the 40/70 criteria via trade (with an asset).

I bet they acquire one before the deadline. Smith only needs 4 more games though, right? They could scatter those in over the remainder of the season.

Smith has been so bad that the Leafs couldn't wait any longer to not have him play :laugh:

Welcome back Freddy :)

Yeah, once they drop out of the race they can get his games in, shouldn't be an issue.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I truly believe GOAT brought some magic with him. From having played a lot of hockey, I have to tell you, it was always more fun to go up against a bunch of small guys, that go up against huge guys. Lot more fun.

RightyYourWrongy*

Feb 19, 2017
Anyone have Smith's stats prior to his injury on hand?

Interested if his bad play lately is just a post-injury (Possibly lingering effects?) thing or if he was putrid all season?

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Nylander has quietly put up 40 points but I think he does have that extra gear. I think Matthews has another explosive night in him too.

I love having multiple elite kids to shift focus to on a nightly basis. Mitch is an unbelievable talent. But I feel that any one of our young guns can step up and fill the void on any given night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad