Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Love to see these lines when Hyman comes back:

Marleau Tavares Marner
Johnsson Matthews Kappy
Hyman Kadri Nylander
Lindholm Goat Ennis
Brown

Marleau has finally looked good playing alongside Kadri, i wouldn't risk placing him with anyone else for now. I only see Kapanen to Nylander exchange once Nylander gains his footing.

Reactions: Intact

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Lightning have been scoring touchdowns lately, they are due for a course correction. May as well be tomorrow night!

Reactions: BTP

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Marleau has finally looked good playing alongside Kadri, i wouldn't risk placing him with anyone else for now. I only see Kapanen to Nylander exchange once Nylander gains his footing.
Ya I dont understand how people can think Nylander will be playing anywhere but beside Matthews when he is up to speed.

Leafs arent paying Nylander nearly 7 million dollars to play on the 3rd line and Nylander is just a more dynamic player than Kap.

I know people are going to hate it but I could see Babcock putting brown with Matthews and Nylander in the Hyman role:

Brown-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-JT-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kap
AJ-Lindholm-Ennis

Reactions: IPS and SAMCRO44

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Let’s hope it’s as fun as the Buffalo game was last week. Andersen will have to be sharp, again.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Ya I dont understand how people can think Nylander will be playing anywhere but beside Matthews when he is up to speed.

Leafs arent paying Nylander nearly 7 million dollars to play on the 3rd line and Nylander is just a more dynamic player than Kap.

I know people are going to hate it but I could see Babcock putting brown with Matthews and Nylander in the Hyman role:

Brown-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-JT-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kap
AJ-Lindholm-Ennis

Agreed with Nylander but i don't feel confident with Brown, AJ has leap frogged Brown significantly now and i will be shocked if he is demoted from the top 9 to the fourth line now. As it stands I think brown on the fourth is a given after willie joins Matthews.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I spent the whole day hype cause I thought the game was tonight.

Seeing reports from some writers in Tampa that Vasy could go tomorrow, but it'll be up to him. I'm sure he'll want to go, so I expect him to be in if it's really up to him.

Good luck tomorrow boys. Hope for a clean one.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Seeing reports from some writers in Tampa that Vasy could go tomorrow, but it'll be up to him. I'm sure he'll want to go, so I expect him to be in if it's really up to him.

It should be a fun game. The Lightning look unstoppable right now so I am expecting an L and will be pleasantly surprised with a W.

Feels like a 5-4 kind of game.

Reactions: AreBe

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

It'll definitely be a good test for the Leafs to play against the best team in the league, and it could be a second round preview. Hopefully everyone stays healthy

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Oh yeah but it will be one fast pond hockey game with tons of skill. Gotta to say it is fun watching that every once in a while. The Leafs have too much skill for tampa.
The Leafs have 3 key ingredients: Speed, speed and speed.
But Tampa is really, really, good so we cannot buy into our own propaganda
Will Tampa clog the neutral zone or will Leafs stretch passes work, a really nice feed?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Don't really care about the win or loss in this one....Just be in the game, push hard and don't look like Tampa is in a totally different class then us and win or loss and I will be fine with the outcome.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

member 262271

Ah yes more penciling Hyman into the bottom 6, and he's not even playing. Stop, he's already dead.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Agreed with Nylander but i don't feel confident with Brown, AJ has leap frogged Brown significantly now and i will be shocked if he is demoted from the top 9 to the fourth line now. As it stands I think brown on the fourth is a given after willie joins Matthews.

Loving AJ's game lately but he needs another summer in the gym if he wants to roll on the top line. He's way too weak on the puck. He falls down at least twice a game. Should have tapped in the rebound when he got robbed last night. Instead he was spinning out and then on the floor.

I think everyone's dream line right now is Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander.

Reactions: Leafling

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Lets do what Boston does and play completely unwatchable and irritating hockey.

So we get destroyed like Boston did against Tampa?

Don’t worry about Boston. Leafs are 11-7 in the regular season and 14-11 if you count the playoffs that is without Kadri for 3 games and no Tavares.

Our focus should be looking above us, not below us. Tampa is what you want the Leafs to be as our young guys start heading into their primes.

Boston has what? 1-2 good years left? No good prospects and players above 30 making key contributions who will sooner or later decline.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I just dont see Babcock putting AJ on the top line with Matthews and Nylander.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Dying of excitement for this one! Sitting near where the Leafs come out for warm ups and it should be an amazing match up of talent!

Reactions: Ulysses31

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Then it has to be kapanen on the first, and aj plays with kadri and marleau
Both playing their off wing? That certiantly isnt ideal.

Again not saying it is something I would do just what I think Babcock may do

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Both playing their off wing? That certiantly isnt ideal.

Again not saying it is something I would do just what I think Babcock may do

True, but i just can't see brown in top 9 for now. He looks good in brief stints but has been given so much time to prove himself now. Plus shifting sides won't be too much of a trouble imo for guys like willie and even marleau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad