Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Lightning Thurs Dec 13 730PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Might as well start it up.

Tampa is due for a slump after winning 7(right?), let’s start it tomorrow night :naughty:

Should be the most fun game of the season so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamzarocks

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I am feeling hopeful after last night's effort. 5-3 Leafs, Nylander 2 pts, Kadri 1g, Matthews 1g, Tavares 3 pts.

Powerplay finally comes back to life.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hoping for a good effort and a win. This is a big game. Our talent matches close to theirs atleast upfront. Andersen is a elite goalie so we should have advantage there. Need the leafs to come out aggresive. Don't force unnecessary turnovers and need theforwards to help the defense in breaking out, we can't be heating our zone and leaving tampa bay players in our end with chance to pressure the defenders. Looking for big games from essentially any and everybody. Matchup of elite teams and we really need this win if we want to come 1st in division

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I know it sounds like we might lose this one cause of how strong the Lightening have been playing lately (all season long) however when I look at most their wins this season, other than Colorado (even the Avs are on a mini-slump) and maybe Boston & Buffalo, they've really only beaten low-end (non-playoff) teams. Here's the list of who they've beaten this year:

Florida (twice)
New Jersey (three)
Chicago (twice)
Detroit (twice)
Carolina (once)
Columbus (once)
Montreal (once)
Ottawa (once)
Edmonton (once)
New York Islanders (once)
New York Rangers (once)
Pittsburgh (once)
Philadelphia (once)
Vegas (once)
Buffalo (once)
Colorado (twice)
Boston (once)

Yet they've also been beaten by some of the lower teams (Sens, Canucks, Yotes,) and by some of the better teams (Preds, Sabres, Ducks). So let's see what happens now that they'll be playing one of the better teams. Let's hope the Leafs show up with their A game so we can win and pull to within 4 points of them (with a game in hand).

member 262271

Gotta take advantage of no Vasilevskiy. I expect this will be a higher scoring game down to the wire, we'll see what happens, Go Leafs Go!

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I know it sounds like we might lose this one cause of how strong the Lightening have been playing lately (all season long) however when I look at most their wins this season, other than Colorado (even the Avs are on a mini-slump) and maybe Boston & Buffalo, they've really only beaten low-end (non-playoff) teams....
The whole league is low-end teams compared to Tampa lol

Should be a good game. Nylander still getting back to form but has looked miles better than the Det game so let's hope it's an upward trajectory still.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
The whole league is low-end teams compared to Tampa lol

Should be a good game. Nylander still getting back to form but has looked miles better than the Det game so let's hope it's an upward trajectory still.

Yes, all teams are below Tampa so that's why I indicated "non-playoff" teams. Just look at that list of who they've beaten, yet the Preds beat the Bolts twice. The only teams they've beaten that are not too far under them is Buffalo (Buffalo also beat them), the injured-Bruins and the Avs twice (we also beat the Jets twice).

Reactions: BTP

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
I know it sounds like we might lose this one cause of how strong the Lightening have been playing lately (all season long) however when I look at most their wins this season, other than Colorado (even the Avs are on a mini-slump) and maybe Boston & Buffalo, they've really only beaten low-end (non-playoff) teams. Here's the list of who they've beaten this year:

Florida (twice)
New Jersey (three)
Chicago (twice)
Detroit (twice)
Carolina (once)
Columbus (once)
Montreal (once)
Ottawa (once)
Edmonton (once)
New York Islanders (once)
New York Rangers (once)
Pittsburgh (once)
Philadelphia (once)
Vegas (once)
Buffalo (once)
Colorado (twice)
Boston (once)

Yet they've also been beaten by some of the lower teams (Sens, Canucks, Yotes,) and by some of the better teams (Preds, Sabres, Ducks). So let's see what happens now that they'll be playing one of the better teams. Let's hope the Leafs show up with their A game so we can win and pull to within 4 points of them (with a game in hand).
Oh, and this all without Vasy, a Vezina Cup nominee...….for the past month.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Oh, and this all without Vasy, a Vezina Cup nominee...….for the past month.

Well, that's because of their 4.00 GFA, for a number 1 team, they are ranked 11th in GAA where as the Leafs are ranked 6th. We also managed to maintain 2nd or 3rd overall without Matthews and Nylander. I wonder how the Bolts would survive without Point/Stamkos but with Vasy (I don't think Vasy is better than Freddy considering the defense he has playing in front of him).

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Love to see these lines when Hyman comes back:

Marleau Tavares Marner
Johnsson Matthews Kappy
Hyman Kadri Nylander
Lindholm Goat Ennis
Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events