GDT: Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That's in the hardest shot contest that Scott beat him in but I think that's besides the point. How many times do goalies absorb a Phaneuf bomb on their shoulder?

Also how many times does it break our players bones. When eases up its around 80s I am guessing. I'm not a human radar though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Pretty impressive that after back to back goals to start the third, they didn't quit and pulled it off in OT

Need that attitude for future success

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
Boston is utter garbage.

As for this **** franchise..... 2 more useless points

Yeah, 'cause finishing with 50 or so points would be something to be proud of and a real morale booster for the younger talent on the team...

They're not making the playoffs and they're not going to shoot up the standings. May as well be competitive and win some along the way.

Plus I hate BOS and was tired of seeing the Leafs lose every divisional match-up. It's better to see guys like Kadri, Rielly and Gardiner make some key plays to pull out a win than to see the team fold and end up losing 4-1 or 5-1.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, 'cause finishing with 50 or so points would be something to be proud of and a real morale booster for the younger talent on the team...

They're not making the playoffs and they're not going to shoot up the standings. May as well be competitive and win some along the way.

Plus I hate BOS and was tired of seeing the Leafs lose every divisional match-up. It's better to see guys like Kadri, Rielly and Gardiner make some key plays to pull out a win than to see the team fold and end up losing 4-1 or 5-1.
You really think the amount of points the Leafs have at the end of the year will matter at all to anyone on the roster? "Oh good we got 60 points. That's awesome, but 59 points and I would have lost my mind" :laugh:?

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
Yes, I do.

Rielly tries hard every night. So do some others. They want to win and want points. I'm sure they know their team's not going to go far, but as a player you want to be part of an improvement even if it's gradual. If you asked Rielly, I don't think he'd say, "we're hoping to lose every night. All we care about is getting Matthews." I'm not just talking about the single point tonight... finishing with 75 or so and getting a high pick is better than finishing with 61 and continuing to be an utter laughing stock. The media and anti-fans would have a field day.

Do you want the Leafs to be like EDM and to suck EVERY year and never show any signs of being competitive or making progress?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Sweet revenge for game 7 of the playoffs a few years ago. :D

Yeah other than the fact that it wasn't the playoffs, wasn't game 7, Boston still got a point on their way to the playoffs while we desperately try to position ourselves middle of the pack of the non playoff teams.
We showed them.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If this was last years team chances are when Boston made it 3-1 they would have quit. However it was nice to see them comeback and I say a major reason for that is Mike Babcock.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
Come on...

What world are we living in if we're worried the Leafs won't lose enough?

I want to see them make progress and all, but losing's fit this team like a shoe for years and considering all the dead weight on this year's roster, a top four pick is inevitable.

There aren't too many truly bad teams this season. With CMD back, EDM might turn things around somewhat. I don't think WPG and CGY are THAT bad. They should finish near .500. I can see the Leafs finishing with as high as 75/76 points and still finishing in the bottom three or four.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad