Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I mean, we already know Andersen is starting.

Babcock has said before he'll always use his starter in game 1 of a back to back

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Would depend on ROW.

It goes to ROW first, I think its winner of season series next. I think we are 1-1-1 vs NYI this year so they would have the tie breaker if we are tied in ROW.

Just checked it:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Another big game, but not as big as the last one.

Leafs are brimming with confidence, playing well, playing smart and tough. Looks like the boys have their eyes on the prize (a playoff spot). Andersen will start, and he's been awesome lately.

Columbus is also rolling, with a goalie who's even hotter though. That being said - they JUST clinched a playoff spot, and for what that is worth, usually there is a mental letdown afterward. Sure they're jostling for position to get top spot in the division/conference . . . but it's not the same feeling, and history bears that out.

In terms of match-up, the Jackets are kryptonite usually to our fast and skilled forwards - we don't play well against 'heavy' teams, and the Jackets are one of the few Eastern teams that love playing that style. So normally, playing in their barn . . . it's probably a loss. But the Leafs have looked tougher and more resilient of late, and with the addition of Boyle, and with Martin and Unle Leo playing a physical game . . . maybe we can squeak one out.

Will be a great test.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
We need to win 2 of the next 3 games for sure. CBJ will be hard fought, but we need to make sure we take care of business against NJD and BUF if we want that playoff spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad