Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Well hello all of y'all! I was amazed there wasn't already a pre game talk thread, since the game is tomorrow already baby. We are now challenging Torttorella's squad and Mcelhenney's former team. Now does y'all think Babcock might go with MceEllnney against the Jackets? Or does we'all play with Andersen tomorrow and after that go with McElehnney against the Devils. This is it y'all!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There are 2 ways of looking at it. You either play your top goaltender against the better team and the backup against the weaker one, or you play your goaltender against the weaker opponent to give yourself an even bigger advantage against a weaker team.

It's a tough decision.

Considering McBackup knows Columbus and their players well, I would start him tomorrow and Andersen against the Devils. It's going to be a tough one against Columbus regardless of who we start, but I think we lose our advantage against the Devils if we play McBackup.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
this is going to be a tough game. if we bring the same effort as we did versus the hawks, we could win the game. :yo:

and play andersen. give mcbackup the easy game vs. the devils.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Well hello all of y'all! I was amazed there wasn't already a pre game talk thread, since the game is tomorrow already baby. We are now challenging Torttorella's squad and Mcelhenney's former team. Now does y'all think Babcock might go with MceEllnney against the Jackets? Or does we'all play with Andersen tomorrow and after that go with McElehnney against the Devils. This is it y'all!

:laugh: :laugh:

You spelled McElhinney different every single time

member 262271

Gonna be a really tough game, play the full 60 minutes hard and we have a chance in this one. GLG

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Took me a while to read OP

I think we go freddy against CBJ and McBackup against the Devils

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
There are 2 ways of looking at it. You either play your top goaltender against the better team and the backup against the weaker one, or you play your goaltender against the weaker opponent to give yourself an even bigger advantage against a weaker team.

It's a tough decision.

Considering McBackup knows Columbus and their players well, I would start him tomorrow and Andersen against the Devils. It's going to be a tough one against Columbus regardless of who we start, but I think we lose our advantage against the Devils if we play McBackup.

Considering Columbus knows McBackup's weaknesses, Babcock likely starts Andy tmr

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Only top seeds have the luxury of resting players. Run Andersen till his legs fall off and don't think about anything beyond the last game of the season till you get there.

Stevie28

Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Andy got a day off to rest... With Boston and Tampa losing tonight, I think we have go with our #1 against the better team and attempt to gain more ground.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Not much tactical guessing to make here. Andersen will play against Columbus, McElhinney against NJ. That has been the system for Babcock for nearly the entire season. Starter takes on the first team and the backup takes their crack at the second team. That would be the plan even if the games were reversed.

Hopefully we can bring our best game against Columbus. We'll need it to get a win. Can't count on any game being easy, just degrees of difficult. Will need another big night from the whole team.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
:laugh: :laugh:

You spelled McElhinney different every single time

And not once correctly :laugh: señor martinez is awesome.

Andersen starts, no doubt, he's been great for the last 10 or so games, his SV for March has to be up there with the best of them.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
You can't call them the Blow Jackets anymore....

Well, you can... but it is much less accurate :laugh:

I say play Andersen vs CBJ and Curtis vs NJD.

With the results of tonight, a loss in this game is hardly crushing. I still think we need 4 points out of these next 3 games, so however that comes together...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Umm, Bobrovsky is 7-0-0 with .963 SV and <1.5 GAA. The guy is on fire right now. If he is playing, I'll gladly call it a great day if we get a point.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Start Freddy and try to at least get a point. Mcbackup should be solid for us agaisnt a limited offence devil team.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We only need Andersen in for 6 more games(wins) this season. Rest him up for the playoffs.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
+1 for "start Freddy." Columbus are a very strong team, we need our best goalie to give us a solid shot to win.

A win here would be huge too. If we can win while NYI lose, we'll be a point up on Boston (with a game in hand) for the last divisional spot, and 5 points up on the Isles for the wild card spot. Definitely not a lock, but it would put us in a VERY good position. If it goes the other way (regulation loss for us, and a win for the Isles), things get much sketchier.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
CBJ is only 2 points from being tied for the presidents trophey, they gonna wanna win just as bad as us, hopefully we get off to a stronger start then our last couple of games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille