Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign Jordan Subban, Adam Cracknell - Resign Martin Marincin

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Like Cracknell and Jooris for you guys. Subban will never make the NHL don't hold your breath. AHL depth for sure there

The way our management works Subban is probably more a precursor play before making an offer on PK.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
What are you smokin'? Jordan has no potential at all. He is what he is. His numbers are atrocious. Hopefully the Marlies can develop him a bit, enough to make him serviceable at least.

What numbers are atrocious? Are there advanced stats for the AHL that I'm not aware of?

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I think Rosen may give it a decent push as well

His skating and all around play really improved as the Marlies season progressed, I thought he was there best Defenseman during the playoffs

We will need our Defensmen to move up to replace the outgoing Gardiner, so guys like Rosen will need to get a chance to show he can at least replace Dermott when Dermott replaces Gardiner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crysis and Kiwi

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Some solid moves. Good to keep finding guys and seeing if you can turn some around with the Marlies. Who knows if Jordan Subban for instance will turn into anything. But the Marlies are a well run group and there's at least a chance for him to turn things around.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
This. Extremely low risk move. If he's trash, oh well.

Definitely isn't trash, he had back to back 36 point seasons on some pretty mediocre Utica teams at 20-21... had a rough year this past year but could easily rebound with what will be another really strong Marlies team. No clue whether he'll be an NHLer at some point or not, but it's very clearly a low risk high reward move.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
How be that Jordan Subban mayne? Is he a treal player for life son? Or he a fool? I hope he's got better pressure handling ability than malcolm did back then. Is he a treal playa?

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Makes sense. We are restocking the Marlies for the guys we are about to pull up to the Leafs full time (Johnsson, Kapanen, Dermott).

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Definitely isn't trash, he had back to back 36 point seasons on some pretty mediocre Utica teams at 20-21... had a rough year this past year but could easily rebound with what will be another really strong Marlies team. No clue whether he'll be an NHLer at some point or not, but it's very clearly a low risk high reward move.

I never said he's trash now or ever was trash. Just said if he is, it's no big deal.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
WTF are you talking about.
I'm like, is he a dork on ice? Like y'all is seeing that young subban pk play back then? He wiser now, but he out there mayne. I'm like, is this jordan a fool at his age? Like, malcolm was in goal, he was pretty shady with the bruins back then. I hope our Jordan is more ready from the get go. He might like hit his thang into our lineup if that's the mental case.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I'm like, is he a dork on ice? Like y'all is seeing that young subban pk play back then? He wiser now, but he out there mayne. I'm like, is this jordan a fool at his age? Like, malcolm was in goal, he was pretty shady with the bruins back then. I hope our Jordan is more ready from the get go. He might like hit his thang into our lineup if that's the mental case.
This hit the nail on the head

Reactions: Leafidelity

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00