Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign Jordan Subban, Adam Cracknell - Resign Martin Marincin

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Could one Subban landing be a precursor to a second Subban landing?

Nashville can't keep their top 4 forever.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Though Mirtle (who seems tuned into the current management groups thinking) suggested Leafs maybtrafe Hainsey/Zaitsev whichbcould open up some new opportunities

What Marlie defensemen are ready to step up to replace 2 of the team's top 4 defensemen? Dermott might be ready, but there's nobody else in the system right now anyone could call comfortably a top 4 defenseman as yet. If one or two of those guys are replaced it will be with an NHLer.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Don't really see why Cracknell gets an NHL deal.

Frankly, I don't get why he would get an AHL deal from us either, the Marlies are full enough, but if we wanted a vet that could potentially come up in extreme emergency, why didn't we re-sign Greening to an NHL deal?

Greening>Cracknell and he already has put in time with the organization.

AHL/depth signings are not really any thing we needed, but I can get behind Jooris and Subban.
Cracknell is just a weird signing.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Don't really see why Cracknell gets an NHL deal.

Frankly, I don't get why he would get an AHL deal from us either, the Marlies are full enough, but if we wanted a vet that could potentially come up in extreme emergency, why didn't we re-sign Greening to an NHL deal?

Greening>Cracknell and he already has put in time with the organization.

AHL/depth signings are not really any thing we needed, but I can get behind Jooris and Subban.
Cracknell is just a weird signing.
Not sure why Cracknell...we did not give him 4 years at 12 million though so that's good.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
What Marlie defensemen are ready to step up to replace 2 of the team's top 4 defensemen? Dermott might be ready, but there's nobody else in the system right now anyone could call comfortably a top 4 defenseman as yet. If one or two of those guys are replaced it will be with an NHLer.

I personally expect Dubas will make 1-2 trades to bring in a guy for the top 4. Some Marlies guys may find themselves filling out the #6 and #7 slots like Holl or Marincin.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Like Cracknell and Jooris for you guys. Subban will never make the NHL don't hold your breath. AHL depth for sure there

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I personally expect Dubas will make 1-2 trades to bring in a guy for the top 4. Some Marlies guys may find themselves filling out the #6 and #7 slots like Holl or Marincin.

Unlikely for more than just a cup of coffee, there's like min. 4 players ahead of those guys at the moment. I doubt he's going to trade away that much of the systems defensive depth.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Unlikely for more than just a cup of coffee, there's like min. 4 players ahead of those guys at the moment. I doubt he's going to trade away that much of the systems defensive depth.

No but being able to put together a 1st along with say Pickard and another good prospect who's name doesn't start with L should be enough for a pretty good young d man or at least just need a tweak or two.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
These seem like moves to reinforce the Marlies so they can remain competitive despite potential promotions. (Dermott full time, Liljegren for a look see, Johnsson, etc).

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Cracknell is a great pick. He's a solid 3rd liner, and he probably will get deployed as a 4th liner. Serious moneypuck pick there.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
One way deal for marincin. I assume the leafs expect him to push for a job with the big club. Played extremely well for the Marlies

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
One way deal for marincin. I assume the leafs expect him to push for a job with the big club. Played extremely well for the Marlies

He'd be on a damn short leash if it were me. His game has not translated to the NHL in previous stints. Until I see something different, I don't expect that to change. Nothing wrong with being a good AHLer, but I would assume he hits the road if this attempt doesn't work out.

member 300185

Is it wrong that i'm nearly as excited about Jordan Subban as Tavares?
Guy has some serious potential. (yes, the D-man)
What are you smokin'? Jordan has no potential at all. He is what he is. His numbers are atrocious. Hopefully the Marlies can develop him a bit, enough to make him serviceable at least.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I think Rosen may give it a decent push as well

His skating and all around play really improved as the Marlies season progressed, I thought he was there best Defenseman during the playoffs

Reactions: beleaf101

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He'd be on a damn short leash if it were me. His game has not translated to the NHL in previous stints. Until I see something different, I don't expect that to change. Nothing wrong with being a good AHLer, but I would assume he hits the road if this attempt doesn't work out.

There's a bit of a log jam on our LHD with Rielly (unless he moves to RD), Gardiner, Dermott, Rosen and Borgman. That's some serious competition for Marincin to get into and try to make the Leafs.

It's a long off-season though. Maybe things open up for him to sneak in as a 7th D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad