Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign D prospect Andrew MacWilliam from North Dakota.

• Thread starter Kessley Snipes*
  • Start date

as15

Sep 21, 2012
His potential isn't as far from DeKeyser's as people think. I have watched both extensively over the past few years
DeKeyser's potential=Rob Scuderi
MacWilliam's potential=Matt Greene

Both are defensive defenseman with limited offensive upside. It kind of depends what you want in terms of a defensive stalwart. DeKeyser is the better skater with a better defensive stick. MacWilliam is more physical and better along the boards and in the trenches, he is also fearless and more than willing to stick up for his teammates. Both have a very good first pass out of the zone, but will never be mistaken as puck-rushing, offensive defenseman.

I would say MacWilliam's potential is a 5 or 6 defensive dman, while DeKeyser's is a 4-5 defensive dman.

Don't get me wrong, DeKeyser is a good prospect, but the hype around him is because he is the best player in the NCAA that is undrafted. Most of the best players have been drafted.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
0.jpg

He looks alot like a young John Holmes.

Google him if you don't know who he is...I don't want to get an infraction. :laugh:

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
He looks alot like a young John Holmes.

Google him if you don't know who he is...I don't want to get an infraction. :laugh:

Won't people need to see his face in order to get what you're talking about? ;)

Oh Jesus that's hilarious :laugh:

"I don't even hit people at some points on the ice. Know why? No cameras. If it's not on film, why even bother?"

:laugh:

:laugh: That's too funny. Seems like a great character guy in the exact mould of defenseman we've been looking for: big, mean, defensively sound, a leader, plus that added bonus of personality.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Excited to see him get signed ..... hits like a truck, is a leader and can grow a wicked dirtstache

Well, I'm sold! :handclap:

Great Dman in college. I had the opportunity to watch him play quite a bit, and he's a guy that puts his defensive responsibilities first.

Also hits like a freight train. Bigtime leader, and can eat up major minutes.

Sounds like what many of us were hoping to snag yesterday :handclap:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Seems like a tank. Did a lot of fighting in his junior A days, maybe a Mark Fraser type. Cant complain about that with a 7th rounder either

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Him and Joe Colborne were team mates in Jr A.....

I watched him play about 10 times the last 3 years and he hits hard....his body positioning on the rush is outstanding at the NCAA level....lets see how he adjusts to bigger fast players. Should be fun to watch the balance of this year and see how he does.....he could really throw them in Jr A.....

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Seems like a tank. Did a lot of fighting in his junior A days, maybe a Mark Fraser type. Cant complain about that with a 7th rounder either

He definitely looks like he's all business. Interesting that he's been a teammate of both Frattin and Colborne before. Has to bode well for our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad