Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs sign D prospect Andrew MacWilliam from North Dakota.

• Thread starter Kessley Snipes*
  • Start date

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
He seems like a guy I would like in the top 4. Would be nice if he develops into a Brooks Orpik or Matt Greene.

Eisenh0rn

May 30, 2009
UK
Great news we inked him - good luck to him.

Remember seeing him play a few times whilst following Frattin.

Great to see in that highlight he was Captain. It seems many of our prospects get that honour, guess we also scout on personality and character. :yo:

Edit - also great to see a 7th rounder defy expectation.

Number13

May 21, 2007
Great news we inked him - good luck to him.

Remember seeing plau a few times whilst following Frattin.

Great to see in that highlight he was Captain. It seems many of our prospects get that honour. Seems we also scout on personality and character. :yo:

Yeah, its been a big part of the team's DNA this season as well, one thing Burke really followed up on. I'm loving the depth we have in heart-and-soul players.

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
Can he fight? i notice he has alot of PIM, but theres no fighting in collage hockey so i guess its hard to tell.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Glad to see we signed MacWilliam! Former Camrose Kodiak! I think he can develop into our very own version of Matt Greene. Big, nasty and a big time team player.

You Like Boyce

Mar 7, 2011
Can he fight? i notice he has alot of PIM, but theres no fighting in collage hockey so i guess its hard to tell.

He fought in the AJHL, once had 200+ PIMS on a tough Camrose team. He obviously didn't do that in the NCAA but I'd imagine he'd bring at least a little bit of that to the organization, I hope he remembers how but it's like riding a bike.

6'2" and 230 lbs, wow.

IIRC, the Leafs took notice of him when they were scouting Joe Colborne ahead of the 2008 draft. Not sure if that's been mentioned.

I hope Eakins gives him some minutes.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Solid signing. Been watching a lot of UND as of late, and he is a keeper. Shows up for every single game, and definitely looks to be letter material at the pro level. Lots of fun to watch, doesn't take it from anybody and throws a ton of hits high and hard. Willing to block shots as well.

That said, not every good offensively, and mainly plays in a shutdown role with starts in his own end. He's got something like thirty career points at UND in 150 games or something like that. He's 23 and still not used in an offensive role, never really saw him play the PP at all this year.

He'll probably be an AHL guy and a I could see him being the captain down there. Still not a bad guy to have in the system, and all in all not a bad fate for a former seventh round pick.

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
I always like these type of prospects, 6'2 230 is a rock of a defensemen, i like that he hits and plays physical, and if hes a good fighter i can see him up with the leafs sooner then later. He will still obviously need 2-3 years of ahl time if he even does make the jump to the nhl. But full time collage prospects are way more developed then guys comming out of the ohl because they are older and have already played with guys older and bigger. I really hope this guy can pan out!!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Great Dman in college. I had the opportunity to watch him play quite a bit, and he's a guy that puts his defensive responsibilities first.

Also hits like a freight train. Bigtime leader, and can eat up major minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad