Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Sign Colin Greening, Chris Mueller, Vincent LoVerde

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Love that Greening is back. He was a huge part of the Marlies last year.

Both Mueller and LoVerde look like solid vet acquisitions too.

EDIT: Worth noting that Capfriendly has yet to register Toninato's ELC. That puts us at 46 contracts, with Holl, Brown, and Hyman left to sign. If we end up with Marleau, we'll be at an even 50.

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Sosh isnt good enough if you ask me.

i think im with you on that. Its a shame when he first come up it looked like his shot might play at the NHL level but it seemed to have lost something and really isnt that big of a threat

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Sosh is great, he just needs to be off that 4th line, he hits too much for a light weight. :laugh:

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
I despised Greening as a Sen. Really had to eat crow when he became a Leaf. I doubt he'll ever play in the NHL for us unless we run into serious injury trouble, but I'm glad he's back for the Marlies. Him and Clune need to introduce Bracco to that famous Babcock drive train.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Sosh is great, he just needs to be off that 4th line, he hits too much for a light weight. :laugh:

yeah but Kapanen needs to move up more IMO, i think we gotta get rid of JVR which will help Kapanen move up but wont do much for Sosh. We just have far too many wingers haha

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
You have to fill out the Marlies team. They know what they are doing.

while i agree they have a plan ,they must. But AHL deals are allowed too i hope its not that they wanted them so bad they bent over and gave them NHL deals. We are going to end up at 49 contracts after we sign Hyman, Brown and holl and give Toninato an ELC. That gives us no flexibility

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Love that Greening is back. He was a huge part of the Marlies last year.

Both Mueller and LoVerde look like solid vet acquisitions too.

EDIT: Worth noting that Capfriendly has yet to register Toninato's ELC. That puts us at 46 contracts, with Holl, Brown, and Hyman left to sign. If we end up with Marleau, we'll be at an even 50.

goodness, i don't like being so full in the inn.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The Greening signing is a nice little story. Here's a guy whose NHL career was hanging on a thread when he was taken as a dump in a trade. He was on the last year of a generous contract for a bottom 6 guy. The year passed and obviously no other NHL team was particularly interested in him any longer. He could have come here and moped and thought he was too good to play in the AHL. Instead he played hard, provided veteran leadership and a great example of professionalism to his young teammates.

So now he's rewarded. Not with big money. He's gotten another contract and I bet is more likely to get some NHL ice time this season if and when injuries strike because he isn't a cap anchor. I also bet he's got hockey people in Toronto who will consider him for a position after his playing days are through.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Mueller makes a lot of sense. The Marlies were looking scarily thin at center. Greening, too, if he stays at C.

Don't know anything about LoVerde, but by the sounds of it he'll be something of a Campbell replacement. Seems to have more of an offensive touch, too.

Borgman-Rosen
Dermott-LoVerde
Nielsen-Holl
Valiev

Other than those 7, I don't think anyone is signed? Maybe Lindgren? :dunno:

One of the new swedes will get a spot on the Leafs. I dont see the Leafs going with Marincin and Marchenko as extras or getting regular playing time. Marlies need dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad