Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Sign Colin Greening, Chris Mueller, Vincent LoVerde

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
We'll never see those guys on the Leafs, but I find it odd they gave them 2 year deals... starting to creep up on the contracts that we once had an infinite supply of...

Surprised they brought Greening back, but I like him.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
Always liked Greening - came across as a smart guy in interviews, hope that rubs off on the younger players

Always liked Greening in Ottawa as well. He's a ridiculously fast skater for his size (dude is jacked af) and has some offensive upside. He was terrible value at a $2.65 cap hit but at $750 for one year I don't think you can go wrong.

Unhealthy Scratch

Auston 4:16
Mar 15, 2016
Mueller makes a lot of sense. The Marlies were looking scarily thin at center. Greening, too, if he stays at C.

Don't know anything about LoVerde, but by the sounds of it he'll be something of a Campbell replacement. Seems to have more of an offensive touch, too.

Isnt the Marlies defence core pretty full atm?
Borgman-Rosen
Dermott-LoVerde
Nielsen-Holl
Valiev

Other than those 7, I don't think anyone is signed? Maybe Lindgren? :dunno:

Last edited:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
All three will be just Marlies, Greening could be a Leaf only if deep in injuries.

In the AHL, they are allowed to carry extra players on the roster and can only play on any given game a limited number of "overage players". Carrying eight Dmen is the norm in the AHL

There salaries have no affect on the NHL cap hit even if they are with the Marlies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad