Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs re-sign Martin Marincin to 1-year, $700k contract

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, okay.

You act like we signed him to play 20 minutes. He's probably going to bounce between the AHL and NHL. Oh no the horror.

Marincin was fairly decent in the 20ish games he played.

Not a regular. But a body in the press box or in the AHL for league minimum? Gotta stretch to think that's bad lol

More depth the better IMO

Reactions: MyBudJT and SprDaVE

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Not a regular. But a body in the press box or in the AHL for league minimum? Gotta stretch to think that's bad lol

When we were playing .400 hockey? I feel blessed.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Every team have their press box guys so I don't see what is the problem with this.

If the Marlies Dmen are ready to take away spots come September, you won't even see him on the season opening roster anyway.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario

Exactly. You don't want to sit a kid in there and ruin his development. Marincin is what Marincin is. He's a league minimum option to watch the games from the press box. I swear some people just like to be upset lol

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
When we were playing .400 hockey? I feel blessed.

The Leafs played .400 when he wasn't in the lineup as well.

Marincin doesn't have an affect on the results. Which is why he's maybe our 8th or 9th guy on our depth chart and making league minimum.

I don't think anyone here is buying a Marincin jersey any time soon, but he's making league minimum and is a body.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
So he's bringing the band back together again...Is 70 year old Ron Hainsey next to sign?

Reactions: ToneDog

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Somewhat surprised by this, but it's really no big deal. I guess Dermott's injury creates an opening until he's ready to return though (I'm not necessarily thinking that Marincin makes the opening lineup to start).

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's a thing. Marincin is a physical body that can slot in on the bottom pairing in a crisis. A very minor thing, but noteworthy.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The Leafs played .400 when he wasn't in the lineup as well.

Marincin doesn't have an affect on the results. Which is why he's maybe our 8th or 9th guy on our depth chart and making league minimum.

I don't think anyone here is buying a Marincin jersey any time soon, but he's making league minimum and is a body.

How many teams want to pay their AHL guys $700k? Waiver protection.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
LOL, he's terrible. Why on earth would they waste precious cap space on this plug? He has utterly failed each and every time they gave him an opportunity. Brutal.

As little as it means to the team, the reality is there are probably a lot better options laying around the league then him. Did he not basically sink us vs Boston two years ago? The guy was and is a tire fire.

Reactions: HR Pickens

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

There's depth already though. Rosen, Borgman, Holl. They've added Kivihalme and there's some UFA's that could help.

It is a depth signing, but if you asked most people 15 minutes ago "would you re-sign Marincin?", there likely wouldn't have been many supporting it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There's depth already though. Rosen, Borgman, Holl. They've added Kivihalme and there's some UFA's that could help.

It is a depth signing, but if you asked most people 15 minutes ago "would you re-sign Marincin?", there likely wouldn't have been many supporting it.

Rosen will be in our starting 6.

Kivihalme will be with the Marlies.

Borgman and Marincin will be competing for the 4LD spot. The other will be with the Marlies.

It's literally a harmless signing :laugh:

Reactions: Keon1963

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad