The Star: Maple Leafs, Raptors must lose more to win: Kelly

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
:laugh: DO writes humorous posts that often ring true and I happen to agree with. Has nothing to do with a Leaf hater masquerading as a Leaf fan. Stop trolling me.

Of course you do. Both of you cling to the at this point quite unbelievable belief that if we had Tyler Seguin instead of Phil Kessel right now, we'd be in a closer position to succeed. Considering Boston just rode Seguin out of town on a rail (something the Leafs can identify with, considering how many players they've done it to over the years), I fail to understand how this would have improved the situation. In fact, there's a good chance we just dodged what could have very easily become one of the largest public explosions by a player in Leafs history, and it also could easily have taken the entire team down with it. Everything is magnified in Toronto with regards to hockey.

And I'm not trolling you. I get increasingly annoyed with checking out topic after topic and seeing one of you or DO screaming about how badly Burke ****ed this team up. I didn't agree with him being fired, but it happened, and it's time to let him go. The ghost of Brian Burke has NOT set us back 10+ years like you guys seem to think.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
And you should really read more of his work because he's a good writer.

I'm sure he's technically sound, but the problem is with the subject matter. He gets into trouble when he delves into hockey because quite frankly I don't think he comprehends the game very well.

hockeyfanz*

So how is Edmonton doing with all those first overall picks. Were they in the Finals last year?

Your same awful argument can be found regarding teams like LA and Chicago who have won the Cup since. And continue to be annual powerhouses in the western conference. You really need to stop with the criticism of Edmonton. They have a plethora of budding stars and will soon make you look foolish like LA and Chicago did to the idiots who used your horrible argument in previous years.

hockeyfanz*

I'm sure he's technically sound, but the problem is with the subject matter. He gets into trouble when he delves into hockey because quite frankly I don't think he comprehends the game very well.

Doesnt stop the majority of people here.

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto

Entirely agree, and he was even on Twitter with a little bit of self-deprication over how bad summer sports writing can be.

Which as a reader really ticked me off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad