Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Predators - February 3rd on TSN4 - Rinne is injured, so we'll win

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

This game is ours. Guaranteed win :yo:

I guarantee it.

d5237a8c767ac91c92ddc43f962731bc.jpg

#top 5 pick

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
I will be extremely shocked if the Leafs winless streak does not reach 10 here.

10 is the franchise record for the losing streak. We could beat this record.

Another record we might beat is the fewest goals scored in a season of 194. We currently sit at 141 with 31 games left. The Leafs need to beat 1.7 goals per game to avoid this one. Under Horachek they are on pace to beat this record :handclap:

An argument could be made that this is the worst Leafs team ever assembled. The only record they can't beat is fewest wins (20), that one is already out of reach. That record was set when ties were allowed and the season was 80 games long though. If you want to go by ROW, there is a very small chance to beat the record. We currently sit at 19 ROW.

Last edited:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
10 is the franchise record for the losing streak. We could beat this record.

Another record we might beat is the fewest goals scored in a season of 194. We currently sit at 141 with 31 games left. The Leafs need to beat 1.7 goals per game to avoid this one. Under Horachek they are on pace to beat this record :handclap:

An argument could be made that this is the worst Leafs team ever assembled. The only record they can't beat is fewest wins (20), that one is already out of reach. That record was set when ties were allowed and the season was 80 games long though. If you want to go by ROW, there is a very small chance to beat the record. We currently sit at 19 ROW.

I could be wrong but doesn't the SO loss break the losing streak we had going? We have a franchise record of a 15 game winless streak, and I think this team might just reach that, though

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
I could be wrong but doesn't the SO loss break the losing streak we had going? We have a franchise record of a 15 game winless streak, and I think this team might just reach that, though

A loss is a loss. The winless streak of 15 is from when the league allowed ties.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Btw, I was joking in the thread title.

Of course, this team will lose. Just today, I heard on radio that teams are saying that Nashville is the toughest team to forecheck against.

And given our sad sack forwards, this could be yet another snoozefest. :laugh:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Technically speaking, I wouldn't consider a SO loss a loss. OT? Yes but not SO

Holy Jesus you're a mod now! Congrats.

Also I feel like this will stop our 10 game losing streak

Remember we let Nashville get only 9 goals not 10. We will do that same thing again , my logic is bulletproof.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Nashville home to a team they have to beat.

And they will. Tank is too strong right now.

Banana Squid

Sep 26, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
I hope the thread title is some kind of reverse wizardry where because you say they'll win, you essentially jinx them and the tank continues to roll.

Also, I hope Kessel enjoys playing against his future team :nod:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Easy peasy loss!

10 in a row! Let's do it!

I HATE LOSING! #FireShanahan

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Hoping for a loss.....

Chances are this is the start of a 12 game win streak that will put us right at 9th in the East.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
its a gauranteed loss... which means we will win. leafs will leaf is my bet.

Audi*

Nov 22, 2009
After the Leafs got pummeled by Nashville 9-2 last time they immediately went on a 10-1-1 run.

Perhaps history will repeat itself.

Perhaps hopefully not

Definite win here. Zero chance Nashville wins this one. I predict a SHUTOUT!!!!

#tanknation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad