Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs officially receive 2018 third-round pick from Reimer trade

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
An added bonus for those picks is the Sharks will likely be a team in severe decline by 2018.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The 1st rd pick we own from Pitt will fall to at best 29th OA.

At this point it can either be 27th, 29th or 30th overall.

27th is if they lose tonight.
29th if they lose the Stanley Cup.
30th if the win the Stanley Cup.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
At this point it can either be 27th, 29th or 30th overall.

27th is if they lose tonight.
29th if they lose the Stanley Cup.
30th if the win the Stanley Cup.

Yes. My statement was in response to if the Pens make it to the Cup finals (aka win the East).

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Just a thought.

Lou Lam should ad Stanley Cup Champion conditions to trades.

ie: An extra condition for the Reimer deal that if they win the Stanley Cup the 3rd becomes a 2nd in 2016.

Kessel trade, if Pittsburgh wins the Stanley Cup we get an extra 2nd in 2017.

Of course, hindsight is always 20/20. But I can't see teams not being willing to ad that condition.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just a thought.

Lou Lam should ad Stanley Cup Champion conditions to trades.

ie: An extra condition for the Reimer deal that if they win the Stanley Cup the 3rd becomes a 2nd in 2016.

Kessel trade, if Pittsburgh wins the Stanley Cup we get an extra 2nd in 2017.

Of course, hindsight is always 20/20. But I can't see teams not being willing to ad that condition.

Kessel deal for sure, as he would have a huge impact. Getting that condition added for a backup goalie would be tough, doubt it would happen.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Nice, add, as said makes up for the comp picks we have to give out. The amount of picks we have over the next few drafts is pretty insane. 6 in the first 90 this year, and 4 in the top 60 next year. Really excited to see what we do with these. Whether we move them for young talent or to draft higher or just increase our depth. So happy to see what appears to be an organized long-term plan for once.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Officially a Sharks fan for the next couple weeks. Would be very nice to see Jumbo Joe & Patty Marleau finally get their cup!!
Loved the Sharks as a 5 year old (one of my first jersey's was an Away Jeff Friesen), mostly due to the logo, jersey and coming out of a Sharks head. So I'm 100% cheering for them here.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Kessel deal for sure, as he would have a huge impact. Getting that condition added for a backup goalie would be tough, doubt it would happen.

True, it was an amazing act of foresight by mgmt to even have the 3rd round condition in place. Kodos to Leafs Brass.

I think any significant trade should contain it, especially significant rental pieces.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
If you can't sense sarcasm on a message board, I wish you good luck on the Internet.

Actually, it's quite difficult to pick up sarcasm from a simple sentence, with no tone of voice and coming from a person you don't even know. Plenty of crazy things are said on the Internet in total earnest, so it can be hard to tell. :laugh:

That said, I was assuming you meant it ironically in that case.

Calder2017

May 18, 2016
I couldn't really follow the Sharks cup run closely. Only managed to catch the highlights from the games. So could you guys tell me if our players (Polak, Spaling and Reimer) managed to pay themselves off for the price the Sharks paid? I know that one of the seconds was really for Reimer and there was huge discussion in the follow up trade about which pick was exactly for who. So if you guys followed, did our boys help the Sharks reach the finals? I guess if you reach the finals the trades you make are good, but seemed like an over payment at the time and I am very happy with our picks. Thanks! : )

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I couldn't really follow the Sharks cup run closely. Only managed to catch the highlights from the games. So could you guys tell me if our players (Polak, Spaling and Reimer) managed to pay themselves off for the price the Sharks paid? I know that one of the seconds was really for Reimer and there was huge discussion in the follow up trade about which pick was exactly for who. So if you guys followed, did our boys help the Sharks reach the finals? I guess if you reach the finals the trades you make are good, but seemed like an over payment at the time and I am very happy with our picks. Thanks! : )

Sharks fan here.

Spaling has been the best of the three in the playoffs (although that's not fair to Reimer). He has some speed and plays a good 200 foot game. He's played some crucial minutes late in games. DeBoer loves him and hes been excellent on our 4th line.

Reimer was great during the regular season. He gave Jones a rest and a chance to win the games where Jones isn't playing. I haven't seen a goalie ever look more scrambley and nervous in net yet put up such great numbers. He's going to get paid this summer and he deserves it.

Polak took some adjusting. His pairing (Dillon-Polak) has put up some pretty brutal corsi numbers but hes been great on the PK. I don't think it was a great deal for us (although it was likely a handshake deal for the Reimer trade), but Polak has brought value. Once every few shifts you seem him break the zone and rush the puck like Brent Burns. He looks like a man on a mission. Also, no one wants to be a net front presence with him and Dillon there.

TLDR: All three have helped us get to were we are today. We likely overpaid but its worth it right now. I don't see any of them staying past this year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad