Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Hire Mike Babcock as Head Coach: 8 years, 50 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so is this at 10:30 or at 11

(I have dead screen not he TML talk live, or i can watch Shanahan talk some)

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Will the Press conference air on TSN? Or do you have to watch online? I remember the Carlyle/Nonis presser were on TSN (correct me if i am wrong)

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Will the Press conference air on TSN? Or do you have to watch online? I remember the Carlyle/Nonis presser were on TSN (correct me if i am wrong)

I think you can agree that the Jets and the Leafs have both had amazing changes in management this year. I'm pumped for both teams

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I think you can agree that the Jets and the Leafs have both had amazing changes in management this year. I'm pumped for both teams

Man this fall is going to be crazy for a fan of both. I can imagine that the leafs will overhaul their roster similar to the NY Jets.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Fair enough. What was said (the Coles Notes version obviously)?

Here is the 2 line summary from my drive home yesterday and to work this morning.

Leafs overpaid for someone who isn't going to be a huge difference maker.
Leafs have a bad locker room.
Due to the players why do they think Babcock is going to get them into the playoffs?

Most of the comments are about how this isn't going to make a huge difference. And that the Leafs could have signed any number of coaches for half the money for the same benefit Babcock will make.

Again, IMO, this isn't about 2015-2017 seasons. It should be about 2018-20## seasons.

Warrener did however suggest the Leafs are a better team than their record and their collapses are their problems. He got cut off, as they tend to talk over each other, but it seemed he was heading into the Babcock might be able to do something about that.

Then they went on about do players really care how much the coach makes, Warrener said he didn't have a clue and didn't care when he played.

Then they talked about the Leafs coaches this year being deadmen walking impacting their performance.

They referenced Dowbiggin apparently saying the Leafs bought the best jockey, but still had a crappy horse.

If Shanahan holds to his word, the Leafs did not get this jockey for these horses today, but want the jockey for tomorrow's horses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad