News Article: Maple Leafs fans vandalize Bruins/Leafs GM 7 mural at Boston bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkinfeller

Jun 20, 2010
Actually, yes it does. This kind of stupid behavior and, even moreso, the support of it from other members of the fanbase is embarrassment to all Leaf fans.

Because you wouldn't want to sound politically incorrect....

Good sportsmanship goes both ways, constructing a mural to celebrate a 1st round win in the playoffs is inappropriate. When you rub your **** in someone's face, expect to be told how it smells.

Great job!

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

Good sportsmanship goes both ways, constructing a mural to celebrate a 1st round win in the playoffs is inappropriate. When you rub your **** in someone's face, expect to be told how it smells.

Great job!

No, because I believe it is wrong to damage other people's property no matter what it portrays.

You people are still carrying on about a hockey game from months ago and you call me being overdramatic?

MapleLeafistan*

It was stupid no doubt, damages should be paid for. I just find it funny how a little event like this could make it into the local news while nothing was said a few months ago during the playoffs when Leafs fans were being harassed in Boston....in fact one was completley knocked out.

Then again I can't expect much else class from a city that STEALS the LiveStrong theme and use to to help sell Boston sports franchise jerseys and etc. That's about as low as anybody can go.

Go ahead and delete my comments I don't care, the truth needs to be said. "Big Bad Bruins"? What's big and bad about attacking somebody from behind.

And a mural gets "vandalised" makes the news. Unbelievable...

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
AMd85ut.jpg

hear hear

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It goes a deeper than shame at being a member of the same fanbase, they tore a poster guys. This a dark day for Canada as a whole.

So, you don't think it's wrong to damage other people's property?

I guess the disrespect shown by many on HFBoard's for intellectual property extends to physical property as well.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Really they have a mural for that? Imagine some Philly Bar having a mural for coming back when they're down 3-0 in the series against Boston in 2010.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It was stupid no doubt, damages should be paid for. I just find it funny how a little event like this could make it into the local news while nothing was said a few months ago during the playoffs when Leafs fans were being harassed in Boston....in fact one was completley knocked out.

Then again I can't expect much else class from a city that STEALS the LiveStrong theme and use to to help sell Boston sports franchise jerseys and etc. That's about as low as anybody can go.

Go ahead and delete my comments I don't care, the truth needs to be said. "Big Bad Bruins"? What's big and bad about attacking somebody from behind.

And a mural gets "vandalised" makes the news. Unbelievable...

The attack on the Toronto fan was wrong and does not reflect well on the Boston fanbase. However, it does not excuse actions taken by Toronto fans.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto

Great job!

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Pretty classless. Doesn't matter if it's a mural of a first round or what, it's not right to ruin peoples' property.

Remuskokafication

Jul 7, 2008
Scarborough

I guess the disrespect shown by many on HFBoard's for intellectual property extends to physical property as well.
I'm a full on anarchist. I jay walk, sometimes I do rolling stops on side streets and drive 55 in 50 zones. You know that "do not remove" patch on mattresses? I'm not even going to tell you what I did with it.

#occupywallstreet

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I'm a full on anarchist. I jay walk, sometimes I do rolling stops on side streets and drive 55 in 50 zones. You know that "do not remove" patch on mattresses? I'm not even going to tell you what I did with it.

#occupywallstreet

So, because I don't like the views you've expressed on HFBoards, can I come by your house and break a window or maybe scratch your car or perform some kind of other action that will cost you money to repair?

Ace88*

Man, dont be such a crybaby.

Remuskokafication

Jul 7, 2008
Scarborough
So, because I don't like the views you've expressed on HFBoards, can I come by your house and break a window or maybe scratch your car or perform some kind of other action that will cost you money to repair?
If I invited you and your bachelor party over and got you all liquored, while up making a healthy profit, I wouldn't be shocked if you did.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If I invited you and your bachelor party over and got you all liquored, while up making a healthy profit, I wouldn't be shocked if you did.

So, your view is that bar patrons have free rein to damage the bar. Just because you're drunk doesn't mean that you are not responsible for your behavior.

Remuskokafication

Jul 7, 2008
Scarborough
So, your view is that bar patrons have free rein to damage the bar. Just because you're drunk doesn't mean that you are not responsible for your behavior.

You're right, I retract my earlier statements. As part of my new policy of hating fun and being ashamed of the Leafs I'm going to go become a Florida Panthers fan. I invite you to join me.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Well this thread degraded quickly. Lots of victim blaming in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad