News Article: Maple Leafs fans vandalize Bruins/Leafs GM 7 mural at Boston bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
Bless You Boys

UPDATE: video http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metr...2067884/-/11eg86rz/-/index.html#ixzz2ff4gWMlQ

Some Toronto Maple Leafs fans were caught on surveillance video Saturday night vandalizing a Boston Bruins mural at a bar.

The video at the Greatest Bar showed what appeared to be fans kicking the mural and pulling a piece off.

Police have traced the video back to a bachelor party. Authorities said the group was caught because they left the mural piece on the bus.

Bar officials want the group to pay for damages, which are estimated at about $1,000.

"You're at a bachelor party -- you'd think if you're old enough to get married, you'd have enough sense to not pull a mural apart when you're at a bar. But hey, I'm not from Toronto, so I don't know," said Jimmy Ferola of the Greatest Bar.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metr...2067884/-/11eg86rz/-/index.html#ixzz2ff4gWMlQ

Bruins-mural-damaged-092213.jpg

Last edited:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Man. That is pretty bad. That is almost as bad as beating up opposition fans in your arena. Almost.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
:laugh::handclap:

The fact that Boston had a mural over ONE series in the first round goes to show how badly they milk their victories.

I kind of agree and kind of disagree. From their point of view, it was an absolutely epic comeback. It is a bit sad that this is what they have a mural of, but it was one for the books so I'm not that taken back by it.

Part of me supports the vandalism because the loss hurt so much. For the most part though, it's not cool to vandalize stuff, no matter how stupid that stuff may be. It's in the past and we'll get em back for it. Gotta look forward.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
A mural of a first round victory... The same year you allowed 2 goals in 30 seconds in the finals and lost... What?

Ace88*

I got drunk in Montreal one time and spray painted a 10-foot blue maple leaf on the bell centre. If i was in Boston and got drunk enough, there's no telling what kind of shenanigans would go down :laugh: as a sports fan i approve of this

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
A first round mural? In a year you didn't win?

Seems a little ridiculous. But hey, I'm not from Boston, so I don't know.

That's what I thought as well but you can tell the owner of this place has a thing against Toronto given the comment he had about Toronto so I guess that's why he had a mural put up.

leafstilldeath*

Wonder do they have a mural for Game 6 of the Cup Finals? :laugh:

A mural of a first round victory... The same year you allowed 2 goals in 30 seconds in the finals and lost... What?

A first round mural? In a year you didn't win?

Seems a little ridiculous. But hey, I'm not from Boston, so I don't know.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Not condoning the behaviour but a mural for 1st round. yea right!

Game 6 of SC Boston. Here is to ya...

1071u.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
i probably would have done worse, my friends that arent leafs fans would also probably join in on the destruction of such an idiotic mural.

wulfio*

it's amazing how we are celebrating these actions. but when other fan bases do stuff we call it deplorable behaviour, and say we are so much classier and would never do something like that.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
it's amazing how we are celebrating these actions. but when other fan bases do stuff we call it deplorable behaviour, and say we are so much classier and would never do something like that.
I think more people are poking fun at Boston fans bragging about round 1 win rather than actually believe it was a good idea to take down that mural. Its pretty lame that it happened but funny in a way at the same time. Kinda like Vancouver burning their city down over a hockey game. One of the worst things to happen, people getting attacked , gang beaten but its funny because they burned down their city over a ..... hockey game

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
A mural for a first round playoff win in a town with so many championships? Pathetic.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It doesn't matter what the mural was about. The idiots who did this should pay for the damages done and be punished appropriately. The idiots on here who are supporting their actions are just as pathetic. Both groups make me ashamed to call myself a Leafs fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad