GDT: Maple Leafs @ Capitals | 7 PM - SN | This.... May not end well

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Leo rosetta stone Komarov:nod:

Teach the Shush how to push the buttons, teach him well uncle.:yo:

Maxwe11

Apr 23, 2015
I was impressed with Ben Smith, he seems to be a good skater with some hands. Anyone else notice this?

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Holland was involved in all three scoring chances last night - Sosh's goal, Kadri's waved off high stick goal, and primary assist to Greenings goal. I'm coming around on him a little. the knock has always been he needs to be more intense when he plays, and I think he can learn that... kid deserves more top minutes.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Holland was involved in all three scoring chances last night - Sosh's goal, Kadri's waved off high stick goal, and primary assist to Greenings goal. I'm coming around on him a little. the knock has always been he needs to be more intense when he plays, and I think he can learn that... kid deserves more top minutes.

His intensity level is really bad. He's skilled and a good skater, but overall he needs to find a way to be a lot more consistent game to game. He can make some great plays when he's on... but that doesn't happen nearly enough.

He's a solid depth scoring player for now but I don't see much of a future with us. He'll be a decent stop gap for the time being.

I wonder how much he'll want this off-season as a RFA.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think Babcock is spot on with his assessment of the kids that were brought up.

Sosh and Hyman are older, more physically and mentally mature and their compete level is consistent. Both look like they will be here for the rest of the year.

The youngsters while showing great signs of talent, are struggling with consistency and the pace of the NHL game and have more highs and lows. There is an adjustment period but unless they improve we might not see them beyond their 9 game trial basis.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
so between reading this gdt and watching the game i have surmised sosh is feisty and has one hell of a shot, marincin cant do anything but flail his stick around with some accuracy to knock a few pucks loose, aaaand none of you know a thing about goaltending lol trashing bernier on that ovechkin goal is just ignorant

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
What he needs is not to have Grabner on his wing, period.

Grabner's stick is where offense goes to die. It's impressive really.

In all honesty, with the way Grabner shuts the Leafs offense down he should be up for the Selke

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Grabner's stick is where offense goes to die. It's impressive really.

In all honesty, with the way Grabner shuts the Leafs offense down he should be up for the Selke

This is the question, and why he stayed in the lineup.
Does he still PK well, is he still a defensive player.

I still don't like his stone hands, when he's with the kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad