Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Canadiens - HNiC - February 14 - No Gionta, so we'll win this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

# chance the elite first line puts on another disgusting show?

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
I have a feeling Leafs will play a spirited game tomorrow night. Predicting this is treacherous to looking foolish given they have been even more awful since the coaching change. But my gut tells me they will get up for the Habs and play well.

It depends.. If they give up an early goal and the Bell Centre gets on them right away it could be a ****show of epic proportions. We'll see. I'm not expecting much. Habs just lost to EDM in their building so they're going to be ready to go.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
I'm pro tank and in Montreal for the game. I want them to win, the Habs fans are so smug. Had a great time with a group of Oilers fans on Thursday was congratulating them helping us tank.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Hey, I love me some Habs gettin' whooped, but let's be honest. We're seeking the McDavid. A loss gets us closer to the greater goal. Tank baby Tank.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Losing to Montreal on Saturday night HNIC always leaves a hollow pit in ones stomach in disappointment.

However due to our current situation the silver lining is that in the big picture the Habs would be doing the Leafs a favour moving them closer to McDavid.

If one could hand pick wins and losses I would have preferred we lost to Edmonton and in turn lay and whopping on Montreal instead.

Montreal has a tendency to lose to the bottom feeders like Edmonton, Buffalo and Arizona and so they should have a difficult time beating the Leafs today.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
ya i just don't get the folks that refuse to see the truth of things

us losing to the habs right now is us actually winning.

long term>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>short term

benifits

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
As far as I am concerned this game is a huge win-win. If we win then good because **** the Hans, if we lose then I ain't even mad on to McDavid :yo:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lose the game, win the battle. Keep an eye on the big prize. I would call up Orr and Mclaren this game. This current Leafs team is so soft, I would hope they would make it difficult for the Smurfs tonight but not very confident they will.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It depends.. If they give up an early goal and the Bell Centre gets on them right away it could be a ****show of epic proportions. We'll see. I'm not expecting much. Habs just lost to EDM in their building so they're going to be ready to go.

We are 5th in the lottery right now, would be happy if we kept it right there. As much as I want to beat the Habs, the prizes at the end of the rainbow are more important.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I kind of wish we would give Reimer the start. He always plays well against the habs and a couple good games would up his trade value.

If he can get rid of that three in his GAA again then the trade forum might offer us more than a 4th for him.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
please score a lot of high light real goals, bring up your trade values, but lose.

thx.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Here are the projected lineups for tonight's game.

MAPLE LEAFS (23-29-4) at CANADIENS (35-15-4)

TV: CBC, NHLN-US, TVA

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020824&navid=DL|TOR|home

MAPLE LEAFS

James van Riemsdyk – Tyler Bozak – Phil Kessel

Daniel Winnik – Nazem Kadri – Richard Panik

Leo Komarov – Peter Holland – Mike Santorelli

David Booth – Trevor Smith – David Clarkson

Morgan Rielly – Cody Franson

Jake Gardiner – Roman Polak

Korbinian Holzer – Stephane Robidas

Jonathan Bernier

James Reimer

Scratched: Petter Granberg

Injured: Joffrey Lupul (lower body), Dion Phaneuf (upper body)

CANADIENS

Max Pacioretty – David Desharnais – Dale Weise

Alex Galchenyuk – Tomas Plekanec – Brendan Gallagher

Lars Eller - Jacob De La Rose – Brandon Prust

Michael Bournival - Manny Malhotra – Christian Thomas

Andrei Markov – P.K. Subban

Nathan Beaulieu – Sergei Gonchar

Alexei Emelin – Mike Weaver

Carey Price

Dustin Tokarski

Scratched: Tom Gilbert, Jiri Sekac

Injured: Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau (concussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad