Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Canadiens - HNiC - February 14 - No Gionta, so we'll win this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I smell a decaying Leafs carcass being run over by a Habs team motoring towards the playoffs! :rant:

Please, please, please, don't let the Habs beat us!!! :shakehead

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
All bottom five teams beat Montreal

Actually, Leafs ARE a bottom 5 team right now. If a player is put on waivers, Leafs would have priority over Columbus; and rule of thumb is: Worse team gets better preference in waivers.

(Leafs points % is bottom 5. Hence the above scenario).

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Tank or no tank.

Losing to les Canadiens just isn't right.

No but we lose with one goal in a 12-11 game and manage to score all our goals 5v5 with Subban on the ice, they score all their goals on the PP. So not only do we ruin Price´s confidence, scoring 11 goals on 20 shots, we make Subban a -11 for the night. Why do they end up on the PP so many times? Well, we are hacking and slashing like if we where trying to break free from a horde of zombies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I hate the Habs

Start Reimer.

JR is great against the Canadian teams in the ATL, a reason to consider keeping him.
Especially since JB can't win in MTL :(

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I'm kind of hoping Kessel scores a couple and we lose (up his value) but then I think "nah that might get him going"

Last edited:

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I suspect nothing different in their compete even against the habs.
Good post and I agree with you.

This lineup is so soft and mellow I don't expect anything ether. They do nothing SPECIAL for us and I've never seen this type of lacking character in the nhl before. Shame toronto, shame.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Peter Horachek said Jonathan Bernier will start in goal on Saturday against the Montreal Canadiens.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-trade-talk-to-focus-on-habs/article22992737/

A Saturday night game against the rival Montreal Canadiens could be what the Toronto Maple Leafs need to set aside their anxieties in the midst of a losing run and speculation about trades.

The Leafs (23-29-4) go into the game against the Eastern Conference-leading Canadiens amid talk that management is ready to tear the team down and rebuild for the future.

Horachek confirmed that Franson has been playing through a hip injury but said the defenceman “is going to have to face up to that and deal with it.

“Those are two [mistakes] you don’t see out of Cody very often. He’s usually one of our more consistent guys, especially moving the puck.”

He said Jonathan Bernier will start in goal.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
It will still make him look better. Kessel has looked lazy this season. Moreso than usual.
I know.. not caring at all etc. Like not wanting to be in toronto at all. Like really selfish and arrogant. Not all coaches like that.

Horachek is always going to be a loser.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I have a feeling Leafs will play a spirited game tomorrow night. Predicting this is treacherous to looking foolish given they have been even more awful since the coaching change. But my gut tells me they will get up for the Habs and play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad