GDT: Maple Leafs @ Blue Jackets | Fri, Oct 4th, 2019 | 7:00PM | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I expect the Tavares line to be better tonight. Amazing pass by Marner to Matthews on the powerplay Wednesday but that line didn’t do much at all 5 on 5
Id rather get a switch going now. Moore up with Tavares-Marner, Kappy with Mikheyev-Kerfoot. Kapanen will be a much better fit when he gets there. The speed of that line with him on it, and him playing his strong side. He's a player that tries to burn down the side with his speed, he needs to get back on his strong side to take those hard stretch passes. He looks uncomfortable on the left imo

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Anybody else see on theScore app how the Leafs have a championship ball from the Raptors final series and they're passing it around to the player of the game? Pretty neat. Babs gave it to Matthews. Matthews now gets to pick the player of the game after tonight. Pretty neat little thing to get going in the room

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You seem confused, I like hitting just fine. I don't like our players being the victims of hits, as it opens them up to injuries. There's a difference watching SJ/VGK where any consequences or damage is happening to teams I don't care about.

Hoping their tough guys lay big hits on our own players for entertainment is pretty bizarre, couldn't be me.

Fair enough. I like to be entertained and I still think hitting is a major part of what makes hockey so entertaining.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I hope he has an awesome game too.
It's pretty funny how Jason Spezza has become almost a victim here in Toronto now :laugh:

I feel like he sacrificed to come here and now Babcock is being a jerk!

I would love a time machine so I can go back in time and tell my old self that one day I would be cheering for Jason Spezza in a Toronto Maple Leafs' jersey. Not to mention defending him against the big bad Babcock.

Reactions: bax

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Anybody else see on theScore app how the Leafs have a championship ball from the Raptors final series and they're passing it around to the player of the game? Pretty neat. Babs gave it to Matthews. Matthews now gets to pick the player of the game after tonight. Pretty neat little thing to get going in the room

Cool. Possibly the only interesting post I’ve read on these boards today.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I wouldn't want to draw any big conclusions from a couple of games, but it's a great step forward for Gauthier if he's not going to be part of any rotation. He was essentially a regular last season, but the team has arguably increased its centre options now.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
That's very cool. Thanks for this.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

What if Matthews is the player of the game. He gives it to himself? ;)

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
He has always played Fred in the first game of a back-to-back. Imo, I'd rather Fred tonight too because Columbus is much better than Montreal. Hutch should be just fine tomorrow.

One of the few interest tidbits on Overdrive the other day was Jamie McLennan mentioning that number one goalies are usually in the discussion about playing time. Is it possible that Freddie Andersen prefers playing the first game of a back-to-back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad