GDT: Maple Leafs @ Blue Jackets | Fri, Oct 4th, 2019 | 7:00PM | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
We are now in to regular season and I am glad we started our campaign with "W" against a week opponent in Ottawa but all I care about is a "W" doesn't matter how you get it and who was your opponent. The bottom line is you have to keep winning, does not matter who your opponent is, having said that tonight we are playing against Columbus on the road and we need to play a good brand of hockey on both end of the ice as Columbus is one of the better teams defensively and we have to deal with some very good "D" in Jones, Werenski, and Murray probably one of the best top 4 pairing "D" in the league. Having said that this is still a winnable game, we just need to be creative, work hard and be responsible in our own end. I am sure, our offense is quiet capable of winning this one, we just need to be attentive in our own zone

Last edited:

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Ron Jeremy and our boy. Thought it may be appropriately inappropriate.

Posted on here, and someone said it would make a good avi.

His look reminds me more of Wayne Newton. Danke Schoen Austen!

Reactions: kb

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
I expect the Tavares line to be better tonight. Amazing pass by Marner to Matthews on the powerplay Wednesday but that line didn’t do much at all 5 on 5

I watched the game again and if you watch that line kappanen kept on moving over to the right side and at least on six rushes marner was playing left wing

Watch tonight to see if kappanen does the same thing. It’s throwing that line out of whack

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yep. Columbus, nice bottom nine+3 they've got there. Wonder what happened to their top line though?

They have a few pieces. Not a great team but that second line is really good and should be fun to watch.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm sure they will be doing a lot of chasing tonight. Yeah, should be fun to watch.

It’ll be great if they catch a few. Especially that Anderson, he’s a poor man’s Wilson, and hopefully he connects at least a couple of times.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What team are you a fan of again?.

Maple Leafs. But I like most players that don’t play for Montreal.
You’re trying to tell me you don’t want to see a good solid hit?
If not you’d hate the VGK and Sharks game tonight and would have hated the SCF last year.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Hopefully Leafs can get a couple W's this weekend... but you don't ever want to look past any game. It should be a good tilt tonight.

However... after this weekend the competition gets considerably better, other than Detroit, I think its pretty tough the rest of the month.

Also just wondering what people think the over/under is on Gord Miller name dropping who he knows tonight lol

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Really rooting for Spezza tonight!!!!!

Which confuses me?? Is it because I started liking Spezza or disliking Babcock more????

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Maple Leafs. But I like most players that don’t play for Montreal.
You’re trying to tell me you don’t want to see a good solid hit?
If not you’d hate the VGK and Sharks game tonight and would have hated the SCF last year.

Yes, I'm telling you I don't want to see our players hit by their toughest guys. Are you serious?

Reactions: Nylander88

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
This whole hoopla over Spezza is so weird and stupid.

We're talking about a guy who signed a 1yr minimum deal. If it was any other player, we wouldn't be discussing this issue.

Spezza and this fanbase shouldve known that Spezza was not a "instant lock" just because of his name

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Really rooting for Spezza tonight!!!!!

Which confuses me?? Is it because I started liking Spezza or disliking Babcock more????

I hope he has an awesome game too.
It's pretty funny how Jason Spezza has become almost a victim here in Toronto now :laugh:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I expect to see a hot start, the Leafs have a game under their belt and Columbus has been sitting for a few days now. Take it to em early, put em to bed early, get ready for the Habs tomorrow.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I honestly understand Babcock's view here.

Spezza, if he plays, is gonna be a 4th line forward. Our first 3 lines are set barring any injuries. So with that being said, now a days I just dont think Spezza is the type of forward you want on the 4th line.

4th line should be fast players who can play a heavy forecheck style and create energy for your team. While also being good back checkers.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
This whole hoopla over Spezza is so weird and stupid.

We're talking about a guy who signed a 1yr minimum deal. If it was any other player, we wouldn't be discussing this issue.

Spezza and this fanbase shouldve known that Spezza was not a "instant lock" just because of his name

Well, Marleau had a large number of people who were angry that anyone suggested him not playing his third year was 'disrespectful', so maybe they've switched to Spezza as their new childhood Hockey crush who is a legend, so must not be 'disrespected'?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
How did you get interested in hockey if you don’t like hitting?

You seem confused, I like hitting just fine. I don't like our players being the victims of hits, as it opens them up to injuries. There's a difference watching SJ/VGK where any consequences or damage is happening to teams I don't care about.

Hoping their tough guys lay big hits on our own players for entertainment is pretty bizarre, couldn't be me.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
I watched the game again and if you watch that line kappanen kept on moving over to the right side and at least on six rushes marner was playing left wing

Watch tonight to see if kappanen does the same thing. It’s throwing that line out of whack
Man just stop. All of you.... That line was ineffective because Marner was off and playing soft at both ends of the ice. It was the worst game he's played in the NHL by a country mile 5v5. Give it rest with Kaps... You guys do this with all guys that aren't stars blame them for when the stars don't have it in them in a particular game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad