Low Effort GDT Maple Leafs at Senators - Game 1 - Tonight: 7 p.m., TSN, RDS - No Crosschecking the Leafs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Welp after the first period, im not gonna lie, I thought this season was gonna be pretty brutal to watch. Hemmed into our zone constantly, heavy shot differential. We seemed outmatched and had almost no zone presence....holy f*** though, what a turnaround, we're on fire. A real lunch pail team. Loving this new identity for us, it won't be easy but it'll be greasy letsss gooo

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
if Murray can keep this up over the season we got a steal and a half

He made 3-4 excellent saves and the Sens jump was noticeably different afterwards.

Wolanin is an offensive D, and they are often roller-coaster type players. Games where they look like Brian Leetch and other games they look like Marc-André Bergeron.

He needs some slack. We gave Joe Corvo slack and he did that thing once.

I know I am sounding like a broken record but... he hasn't played properly in almost 2 years. He clearly has the 2nd most skill out of any defender we have. He should keep getting played.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Of course it's too early to tell, but with great steps forward from Batherson and Paul in addition to our studs, this team could look really good all of a sudden. Just need help on defense.

Reactions: milkbag

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Of course it's too early to tell, but with great steps forward from Batherson and Paul in addition to our studs, this team could look really good all of a sudden. Just need help on defense.
D will definitely be the weakest link until the likes of Sanderson, JBD, Brannstrom et. al. come up. Maybe we can make a move to get a solid defender because our current D, especially Wolanin, looks like water trash right now.

edit: Chabot not included, im so sorry

Reactions: DrEasy

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
I'd like to see Paul with Batherson again at some point. They did well in the AHL together, Paul is a great puck retrieval guy for Batherson.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Realistically everyone needs a little slack.

It’s exciting that hockey is back but hot takes are scorching at this point in the season.

If I'm DJ Smith, I don't change the lineup for game 2 regardless of the outcome of game 1. It's f***ing game 1 after not playing hockey for a year and an abridged training camp.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Watson has quietly had a real solid game. He laid out a few guys with big hits, defensively responsible and broke up a few PP chances and scored a beauty. He looks confident.

So this is what i like. There's a lot of guys in Toronto that don't like being hit. How will they look tomorrow bruised and battered?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
D will definitely be the weakest link until the likes of Sanderson, JBD, Brannstrom et. al. come up. Maybe we can make a move to get a solid defender because our current D, especially Wolanin, looks like water trash right now.

edit: Chabot not included, im so sorry
And let's go get PLD and complete the picture!

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I’m not saying the team would be in a better position with him out there tonight, but I do miss seeing 44 on the PK and short handed rushes

Reactions: AchtzhenBaby

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
If I'm DJ Smith, I don't change the lineup for game 2 regardless of the outcome of game 1. It's f***ing game 1 after not playing hockey for a year and an abridged training camp.

This

They are shaking off the rust. Shouldn’t be playing in fear of their jobs. Make decisions after a few games, unless the plan was always to rotate up front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00